What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The awkwardness of Viking pitchers

Everybody loves to hate and hates to love globosa's pitcher shape-changing antics.

Post all your whacky pitchers of this species and let's see what variations we have!

Pann:

Newer pitchers are shorter than older ones

Basals are bigger than the main growing vine!

Promising Klom:
(newest pitchers are more promising as klom than the old ones. Newest pitcher is in the center)

Very nice!! Mine just started pitchering *finally* so I don't think it counts but here they are anyway! :p

Man, I just love globosas. My first globosa pitcher is opening... I wish I could post pics.

Very nice! Love those wings an the overall roundness of the pitcher.

I'll have to get one once the hype/price dies down a little. ;)

adnedarn that first pitcher looks like an upper o_O the tendril is facing the wrong way for a lower. Is that really a viking upper? I rarely see them and when I do they're all green. Kudos for getting a pink one if that really is an upper!

Viking pitcher shape and color is a mess. I have no clue how to control them at all whatsoever. It's just not intuitive and varies depending on the plant's genes, environment, and just plain luck.

Now that you said something, it does kinda look like it's positioned as an upper, doesn't it? I'll have to check next time I'm at the g/h. My guess is that it comes from the side like the second...

I love the 'akwardness' of the pitchers!!!!

here is a different angle of the pitcher in question of mine above... It's just odd placement of the tendril... The next picture is the newest pitcher :)

Andrew

I would hardly consider them "awkward." They look smooth, simple, and beautiful! Good growing.

xvart.

Let me introduce the F-grade...compared to b.t.'s pitchers...

vvr_f.jpg

Cindy, It's a lovely red regardless. When I keep my pitchers in the sun they bleach white and in the shade they don't even redden up!

How long are the interval between brighter sun and lower light levels. Only asking because it might just need a little more time to ajust to the full to bright sun. only a thought because the form of the plant and idividuals do and can vary from little to many changes. good luck growing

Very pretty pitchers!

oohhh man! that plant is gorgeous guys! Wishlist: n.Viking. :p

Back