What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata deformed...help!!!

rockstarcobain

Sarracenia in another life....
My new pitcher is deformed and I can't figure out why. Nothing else in my tank is doing anything weird. I use GardenSafe, I don't think it's aphids. The only thing I can think of is a freak occurance or I need to replace my flourescents.

Truncatadeformed003.jpg

Truncatadeformed002.jpg

Truncatadeformed001.jpg

the next will be normal...this one will be normal except for a small lid. its adjusting problems and such.
Alex

i figured this one would be okay, but is it going to stunt the size you think?

it does for my sanguinea. 6 inch pitcher. then the next one had this on it. 4 inches

yea, this one looks like it is trying to open soon. It's only 4 inches. The one before this was 7.

it is all ok for the plant!
Mine does in this way after a change of growing location.
The next pitcher will be ok!
Mr_Aga

ok, so just an update. The pitcher opened, the lid fell off, and the pitcher is actually a quarter of an inch bigger than the last one. I think I like it better. The peristome never rolled back, and the coloring has stopped, leaving the peristome looking like an endangered tiger.

Alata003-1.jpg

Alata002-1.jpg

And of course, I have to say goodbye to my older pitcher. It's dying pretty fast. :(

Alata001-1.jpg

Pitchers that have been developed in Winter do have a shorter life.
All is going nicely.
Sure...new pitcher is deformed but not so much at all.
Bye!

Mr_Aga

One deformed pitcher in cultivation is better than an eaten pitcher in the wild I suppose. It's all aesthetics, anyway!

xvart.

Back