What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Ventricosa Pruning

Nitecrawler

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
Hi all, I'm new to the forums.

I have a quick question about the pruning of damaged pitchers and leaves on n. ventricosa which have presumably been caused by shipping/change in environment.

The damaged pitchers are half blackened and shriveled on the side of the opening.
Should these damaged pitchers be pruned? If so, where should the cut be made?

Also, there is some blackening of a leaf on the plant--just the tip of it--that seems to be extending slowly toward the stem.

This is the fourth day I have had these plants, so possibly I shouldn't even be worried about it?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

JB

I prune older pitchers when they become almost completely brown. What you describe is the normal aging process of pitchers. Like you said, the shipping and environmental change will probably cause you to lose some pitchers too. You can cut off the blackening part of the leaf if you want. It will probably be a month before the plant is truly acclimated, so be patient and leave it alone for the most part. Welcome to the forums!

Max

Back