Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easier Neps to grow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easier Neps to grow

I'm still fairly new to CPs, but as some of you know, desperately addicted. I am trying out the easier forms of many CPs and having success with most of them. However, I've found that my favorites by far are the Nepenthes. And lucky me, they're also they type of plant that is doing the best for me! I've only got 3 but they're all beautifully blushed on the leaves with nice colorful and numerous pitchers. I just adore them, researching different types never ceases to interest me.

So in other words, I want more! I don't want to try anything too difficult at this point, but I do feel ready for "intermediate" plants, as well as any other beginner types. I have a ventricosa and sanguinea right now (I do my research!) as well as an unidentified type from Lowe's (pics coming soon for those who are good at IDs). What are some other types that you folks can recommend for me? I'm open to all suggestions, however rare or common! I've got to get a want list started.

And if anyone happens to have some of those plants ... extras, or no longer wanted, please let me know! I would be so absolutely thrilled to provide a new home for them. Unfortunately at this point I don't have anything to trade because obviously I just started. Also would love to hear if anyone has "easy" plants of the other CPs. Must... feed... addiction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get your hands on one, try Effulgent Koto. Not even a nuclear holocaust coudl stop that plant. Thorelii x truncata/red dragon is also easy. All forms of alata are easy...etc
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ventrata is a real easy one. So is N. Judith Finn. Can't help ya with extra Neps, as this is the smallest genus in my collection. Now if you waanted butterworts or bladderworts or sundews...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliethegr8t View Post
    Also would love to hear if anyone has "easy" plants of the other CPs. Must... feed... addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    N. ventrata is a real easy one. So is N. Judith Finn. Can't help ya with extra Neps, as this is the smallest genus in my collection. Now if you waanted butterworts or bladderworts or sundews...
    Don't count me out on those!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having a lot of success with N x 'Black Dragon', which is growing on my windowsill and has just formed a 4 1/2 inch pitcher, an inch longer than its last one. When I got it, it didn't skip a beat to adjust to its new conditions. I'm not sure how common this plant is (it would make me feel good if it is still rare) - I think it's a brand new clone, but it seems to be a very easy plant. Here's a picture of an adult plant (not mine).

Please review the rules, the listing of other CP vendors on this forum is prohibited. Thank you.

Photo removed for copyright reasons. -xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 06-20-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Vendor name removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change it to a link. you're violating copyright laws.
    Alex
    Last edited by schloaty; 07-24-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: your is ownership - you're is you are.
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far! Keep em comin! I really like alata and the Black Dragon is *gorgeous*. I'd do almost anything to get my hands on one of those! I'm still new at this, krueger, but if it makes you feel any better, I've only seen it for sale at one place.

Now I've got to go search the couch cushions for change, excuse me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Juliet:

I think you should go for hybrids like N. red leopard (ventricosa X maxima) or
    thorelli X maxima (N X Rokko)

Cheers,

Gus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast