Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: acclimating my new nep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

acclimating my new nep

I ordered a Nepenthes ventricosa x spectabilis. I was wondering if anyone has ordered neps from there and what should I do to acclimate my nep to my house?
    Last edited by Est; 07-21-2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Vendor name removed. Andy, you missed it! lol

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered 2 so far and this may sound a little weird but I just set it in my sunny window sill and this baby pitcher and one of them grew and in made 3 new pitchers and all I did was just set it with the rest in a sunny window sill. And my other had a almost full grown pitcher and I just set it in the sun with my other CPs and walla it opened and is filling with acid. I would just put it where you are going to grow it and let it get used to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered 2 so far, and this may sound a little weird, but I just set them in my sunny windowsill. This baby pitcher and one of them grew, and it made 3 new pitchers. All I did was just set them with the rest in a sunny windowsill. My other one had an almost full grown pitcher. I just set it in the sun with my other CPs, and voila: it opened and is filling with DIGESTIVE JUICES. I would just put the plant where you are going to grow it, and let it get used to those conditions.

You get an F-.

PS: The pitchers do NOT have acid in them.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phissionkorps that was pretty much uncalled for... except for the acid correction, this is not an English class, it's simple cyber-bullying. He gave pretty good advice even if he hasn't been entirely correct on a lot of things... I know I wouldn't want to be treated the way you've treated him, you may have had reason to do so before but now you are getting mad at him for a few small English corrections and mistaking digestive enzymes for acid, that deserved correction but most of that was uncalled for... not everyone excels at grammar, and the way most people type on the internet we're EXTREMELY fortunate for the amount used on this forum even if it is somewhat off like his grammatic skills are; it is still easily readable and I think that's all that matters. He was just trying to help out and he got a handful of crap for it, and you didn't even post anything relevant to the user who was asking a simple question. Really, I just feel bad looking at your post. Pon14 has been disrespectful and has had some grammatic errors but your above post was uncalled for and it's not helping to promote a good environment on the forums. Even if he isn't doing the best at that either, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

You both need to correct your attitudes... whether to each other or to other people... Pon14, you have pretty good grammar as it is compared to the rest of the internet, but, improving it further would be nice, and try not to mix up your words like you did in the above post. Your post above, however, Phissionkorps though wasn't helpful, it was just plain mean. . Really I'm just disappointed.

Yours Truly,

~NeciFiX

P.S. I am not trying to insult someone, just trying to make you realize that post was somewhat inappropriate, please don't take this the wrong way.
    Last edited by NeciFiX; 07-20-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: The P.S.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got your point that it was "uncalled for" the first 3 times you said it, sheesh.
    I think it was called for, because a 53 word sentence with absolutely no punctuation save for a period is never a good idea. This is a CP forum...we're educated people.

Plus, I believe in an eye for TWO eyes, and this guy is driving me crazy on my two fav forums. Seriously if this guy doesn't shape up or leave/get banned, I'm going to have to leave (except for occasional trades perhaps). Now this guy can either get with the program, or I can stop answering everyone's nep questions.

There are definitely people "here" that are better than me, i.e. capslock, manny, etc., but many of them choose to spend the vast majority of their time elsewhere.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've been trying to work with pon14 to get him to "blend in" a little bit better... Might I suggest the "ignore" feature of this forum, to simply ignore people who bother you. A PM to a mod would be nice too be it Pon bothering Phission or Phission bothering neci... (but who do I PM for people bothering me?? hahahaha) Seriously though guys we're working on it, hang in there till then. K?
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Andrew, will do.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew, you can send your complaints to me. I listen to complaints most every day! lol.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast