What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is hamata tentaculata?

Why not do them both? I am. I have like 2 more classes to take before I have my degree (in December!!!!). I'm majoring in "biology with specialization in ecology and environmental biology". Next August I go to med school, where I will either get an MD or MD/PhD. Pretty sure NO ONE can mess with you if you have an MD/PhD :D

ill see where the wind takes me :D

the hypothesis on hairy hamata and tentaculata being the originals seems very possible. but the only way we can tell is to wait for a hairy hamata to mature and breed it with a tentaculata for Sulawesi.of course with my curent knowledge of genetics...i dont know how many generations it would take to get a desied result...
Alex

There's no way to caluclate the amount of generations, you just have to wait and keep making crosses until you get what you want. Its so friggin hard to wrap your brain around, but I absolutely love genetics

science(including biology, chemistry, ect)...a reason i love it so much. you can never learn it all :D

heres a thought.
gen 1 = hamata hairy x tentaculata...
gen 2 = (hamata hairy x tentaculata) x.....?

would it be random switchoffs? tentaculata as parent B? hairy hamata as parent B? or hairy hamata x tentaculata as parent B? could more species be involved in what we know as N. hamata?
Alex

Back