Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is hamata tentaculata?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is hypothesized that tentaculata and hairy hamata are the originals. I buy the hypothesis as having some validity (could be), but my personal thoughts lie elsewhere. I subscribe to the thought that hamata = tentaculata and hairy hamata is a variant of hamata (the newest one). Only time will tell I guess. Some people put tentaculatas range above ene that of hamata, so if in a few generations we see an explosion in the number of hamata, I guess that will answer the question.

Wasn't Wendel a famous geneticist?
    You mean Mendel lol? Yeah, he crossed a bunch of pea plants blah blah you know the story. If i was a monk in Austria in the 1800s...i would be wayyyy too busy drinking beer to worry about genetics.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the time comes, you should pursue a bio degree
    eh...i plan on doing that or getting in the medical field. i have till november to decide(have to choose my college im attending by then ) or maby i have to do that next year....hmmmmmm.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not do them both? I am. I have like 2 more classes to take before I have my degree (in December!!!!). I'm majoring in "biology with specialization in ecology and environmental biology". Next August I go to med school, where I will either get an MD or MD/PhD. Pretty sure NO ONE can mess with you if you have an MD/PhD
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Yes, it is hypothesized that tentaculata and hairy hamata are the originals. I buy the hypothesis as having some validity (could be), but my personal thoughts lie elsewhere.
    Gotcha. I was confused because I thought the previous statement was coming from your personal thoughts on the subject. It's nice when people can present valid information and still have their own differing thoughts.

You mean Mendel lol? Yeah, he crossed a bunch of pea plants blah blah you know the story.
    lol. How did that "M" turn upside down in my post? Mmmmm... pea plants. Actually, I heard (nothing to back this up) that the wheat genome is far more complicated and massive than the human genome because the plant has been around forever and has stood the test of time and weathered ice ages and all sorts of stuff. But, that is probably a discussion that warrants some actual research and thought on my part instead of just a reference to a conversation back in college during "monk-like" behavior!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not do them both? I am. I have like 2 more classes to take before I have my degree (in December!!!!). I'm majoring in "biology with specialization in ecology and environmental biology". Next August I go to med school, where I will either get an MD or MD/PhD. Pretty sure NO ONE can mess with you if you have an MD/PhD
    ill see where the wind takes me

the hypothesis on hairy hamata and tentaculata being the originals seems very possible. but the only way we can tell is to wait for a hairy hamata to mature and breed it with a tentaculata for Sulawesi.of course with my curent knowledge of genetics...i dont know how many generations it would take to get a desied result...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no way to caluclate the amount of generations, you just have to wait and keep making crosses until you get what you want. Its so friggin hard to wrap your brain around, but I absolutely love genetics
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    science(including biology, chemistry, ect)...a reason i love it so much. you can never learn it all

heres a thought.
    gen 1 = hamata hairy x tentaculata...
    gen 2 = (hamata hairy x tentaculata) x.....?

would it be random switchoffs? tentaculata as parent B? hairy hamata as parent B? or hairy hamata x tentaculata as parent B? could more species be involved in what we know as N. hamata?
    Alex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123