User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you think these boys are doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verbal is the easiest for me, I am getting like 13s on it in the practice tests...but I'm only getting like 9's on my sciences which is odd, especially because of taking like 35 bio classes. I suck REALLY bad at chem though, which is why my scores are awful. I think I'm gunan apply to medschool in Australia..you only need like a 24 on the MCAT instead of a 30 like you do here
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vraev you are really scrupulous grower.
    I thought your rajah was very happy.
    I have the same problem about high temps!
    could you show me how to keep your temp lower?
    or take a photo for me? thank you. I very appreciate.

my temp:

day: 95 F
    night: 85 F

and my big problems:
    N.lowii N.talangensis N.mikei

Welcome to Duckking Blog.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm....I am doing kinda ok on sciences. I just did a practice today and I got a 11 in physics and 10 in bio (disappointed). But I knew I completely forgot all the orgo I reviewed a week ago today and also forgot a lot of bio stuff..even though I didn't really guess much. My verbal is the lowest so far. In practice I have gotten 9's but, even today I am still stuck with a 7 on mocks.

Naah man! the fun is the challenge to win here. Dude! Canada is even more picky. lol! Hopefully I can pick it up soon. I knew like I guessed on the last 2 passages as I totally underestimated the time and the passages left . I know I can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Verbal is the easiest for me, I am getting like 13s on it in the practice tests...but I'm only getting like 9's on my sciences which is odd, especially because of taking like 35 bio classes. I suck REALLY bad at chem though, which is why my scores are awful. I think I'm gunan apply to medschool in Australia..you only need like a 24 on the MCAT instead of a 30 like you do here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When's your test? Mine's August 14 . I'm taking another practice on saturday and one on tuesday, so we'll see how I do. I'm SO nervous about the MCAT, and I can not wait for it to be over with.

I think its dumb that Canadians that are going to stay in Canada have to take it (except in Quebec what the hell, right?). Are you planning on coming to the US? We have better nep selection here...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol dude! Neps are a bit strange. My thinking is: Its better to be picky at the start and try to iron out conditions to reach the "WIDE ZONE" of a nep species's comfort. Then, you can ease off and sit back and let it to its thing. I have a miranda which is growing really well. I was really surprised as I see this one leaf which was BURNT by resting on top of the tube's housing. Its like a complete band of burning. YET...the leaf is still green and it is still making a pitcher. lol! These things are unusually very adaptive and tough once they get into the "zone".

okay for cooling:

I use 3 500ml coke bottles with tap water FROZEN solid + 1 ICE PACK. Basically 2 units each for my highlanders. If u see this pic: its my enclousure (a really old pic... 2 months ago)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1176/...b5c3d42050.jpg

Now, you notice that LEVEL above the rajah on the bottom-most shelf where the mister is?? There ...right there...beside the mister on the right and RIGHT ON TOP of the rajah itself. I place the ice pack first (to avoid crushing my miranda pitchers there ) and then a frozen bottle as well. SImilarly, one bottle on the left side of the mister tub and one bottle right near the small 6 inch pot that holds the ramispina. When you do this: you will notice that the air DROPPING from the cold packs above the rajah is INSANELY cold. Its definately like 10C or so. THis is how I cool the rajah.

Basically, everynight, I put the bottles in that arrangement at like 2 AM or so. My lights go off at 12 AM midnight. I leave the 2 hrs for the temps to equalize and drop a bit as the lights go off. Basically, next morning when I wake up at like 8:30 or 9, the bottles are now just water again and the lights would have come on at 7:30 or 8 AM. Basically the water in a way tends to still BUFFER the temps a bit. I ALSO NOTICED that there is a lot of condensation as expected on the bottles in the enclousure. Infact, it pulls in humidity from the air causing humidity to drop in the enclousure to like 70 or so. BUT, the water the condenses and falls on the rajah leaves. My mister also comes on 3 times in this NIGHT PHASE (compared to the 8 times during day time). Basically I then put back these bottles in the freezer again for the next night. YES! I do it EVERY SINGLE DAY as long as i am not going back home for a saturday or so. Its amazing even to me on how much I care about this plant to make a NEW habit just FOR IT.

I don't know if the rajah likes it...but i know that the moss loves it. THe moss in there (live) has more than doubled the amount I had put in there when I started this 2 months ago.

cheers,

varun

PS:: I know a friend on the OCPS who grows rajahs in a greenhouse where temps can go as high as 100F. But, he does give it reasonable to low 70 or 60F drop at night (I guess this is where canada is good for ultra highlanders )

Try this dude. Just freeze a bottle and put your hand a few inches underneath in the air. Feel physics at work : cold air falls.

Quote Originally Posted by duckking View Post
    vraev you are really scrupulous grower.
    I thought your rajah was very happy.
    I have the same problem about high temps!
    could you show me how to keep your temp lower?
    or take a photo for me? thank you. I very appreciate.

my temp:

day: 95 F
    night: 85 F

and my big problems:
    N.lowii N.talangensis N.mikei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing mine on the 16th. For the first time in my life, with the help of a buddy, we decided to make a schedule and work together as slaves of the MCAT . I am trying to do as many AAMC mocks as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks to your response and exposition. thank you.
    You really have patience. (EVERY SINGLE DAY!!) I admires you very much.

In here, We usually use refrigerator or air conditioning to highland neps.
    (unfortunate I can't afford to buy.)
    so i have try other way to keep temps low.
    anyway thanks to your idea. thanks.

Welcome to Duckking Blog.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    lol! dude... I thought that 1 month should atleast show a small difference in size. As far as I can notice the new leaf is almost the same size as that last one. Well....alright then...I guess I will keep doing whatever I am doing now and compare after the next leaf opens in probably another month.
    A change in 1 month. Not my experience!
    My N. rajah made 1 or two smaller leaves that took many months before it did make them after shipping shock.
    It took a little over a year before my plant started to make larger leaves then what it came with and to pitcher.
    It does grow slow for me, but every new leaf has been bigger and the plant is now forming it's 3rd pitcher.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast