User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you think these boys are doing?

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy How do you think these boys are doing?

Hi guys,

I know probably some of you (or all of you) might be getting a bit fed up of my "frequent "hows my rajah" threads. I wanted to resist till the entire leaf opens..but I can't stop after reading on some 4 yr old thread that "When grown in high temps... highlanders like rajah, lowii keep making smaller leaves until they die" .

I am just concerned as you can see the new leaf after a month again seems to start opening when its small.

Now my temps are: (according to the guage)

day: 80F
    night: without bottles: 65 F or so

at 1 when I put frozen bottles on the top shelf .. it drops considerably. I have been keeping bottles "BESIDE" the ramispina's pot. but as the rajah;s is too wide...I have to keep it above the plant on the shelf on top.

well...ehre are updates:

this pic is from jun 25th or so.

Today: July 26th, 2 min ago

ramispina:

25th june:

TODAY .. right now: that leaf on the left with the pitcher forming since like 3 weeks ago..and a new leaf has finished in front.

NOTE THAT NEW PITCHER ON THE LEFT. Really excited!!

thanks,

varun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the usual sign a pitcher is going to be made is the "hooked" tendril. i can see that on your rajah. you might have a pitcher coming soon they all look very good. expecially the growth on your rajah. congrats dude!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day my rajah makes a pitcher means its a party day for me. I don't drink...but that day, I will probably get myself a nice special meal. Thanks dude. But waht about the leaf being small? Will it grow more? I really hope that it does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I've answered this same exact question at least 4 times and on various forums already. Anyway....

Your day temps are fine. Bring the night temps down or make sure the humidity is at 100% if its going to be 65 in there. Ramispina is really a lot lesspicky than you think it is. If you have concerns about anything, it should be the rajah. You could probably grow ramispina as an intermediate, or even in lowland conditions for a few months at a time and it would be fine. It can and has been done.

Now about that leaf...it might get wider but it won't get longer. I'm pretty sure I've told you before that it is going to take a dog's age to get used to everything, and don't even start worrying until the 3rd leaf comes out really small. If the 3rd leaf come out, and its still small, but the leaves it's made since you've gotten it are getting progressively bigger...again...don't worry about it.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! dude... I thought that 1 month should atleast show a small difference in size. As far as I can notice the new leaf is almost the same size as that last one. Well....alright then...I guess I will keep doing whatever I am doing now and compare after the next leaf opens in probably another month.

lol! sorry dude.... I just hope this thing makes it well. I guess I 'm just too curious if there is anything bad that I need to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can notice the new leaf is almost the same size as that last one
    Well then it didn't get any smaller now did it?
    Seriously...I've had lowlanders make a smaller/distorted couple of leaves before. Obviously its surviving, and it gets cold again in what...2-3 months? It will at least pull through until then, and then it should start doing well if it hasn't already.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm...I guess. Also, when I go back to uni, the enclousure will be on the table near a north facing window almost as big as the enclousure itself. I am guessing the plants should appreciate that natural light.

BTW dude....hows MCAT studying going? I am still annoyed with verbal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my fusca sarawak came with a opening leaf. the leaf was fully opened....but elongated another inch and a half and widened another inch over the course of about 2 weeks. so it may get bigger it may not...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast