What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

800 ppm water

Nitecrawler

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
I came home to my little N. Ventricosas being bombarded by sprinkler water.

The total dissolved solid in my water is 800 ppm.

Supposedly they were hit for about 10 min.
Are they toast?
Can I flood them with ro water to try to reduce damage?
Or should I take my dad up on his offer to replace?

Yes.

Yes! lol.

Seriously though, they'll be fine. It would be a good idea to flush the pot with pure water as a safe practice.

xvart.

If you were an evi- I mean thrifty person you could take him up on it but with a good flushing I would imagine it would be fine. My local nursery watered some with hard water for months on end and they ended up flowering...

Go figure,
-J.P. :D

Ah, thanks guys.

Idk what I'm going to do about the offer...
My dad thinks he's killed them.

My dilemma is if I get any more plants, when I go to college in a month, what will I do with them? lol

Depends on where you are going. You can probably take some with you but if you have a large set up you might not be able to do that. Another option is to let someone with experience "plant sit" for you. You might even consider letting those two people that just joined forces in California help you out and just tell them to keep them safe for you. <- I don't know any other way to say that with forum sensitivity (PM for ?s).

If it makes him feel better then by all means get more but if you can just convince him he is fine and that they will recover go that route. Or better yet say its ok right now but you will wait and see and then maybe later take up his offer.

Lots of options :D
-J.P.

Back