What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Window & me

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Since it seems some people like my "Magic Window" I thought I'd take a picture with me in it so that you can see the size of the neps I grow there better.

Magicwindowme.jpg

Magicwindowme2.jpg

The plant I'm holding which is in the left of the picture is Nepenthes bicalcarata. The plant I'm holding to the right is Nepenthes rajah.
The plant hanging to my right is Nepenthes rafflesiana. The one in the white pot that you can not see is Nepenthes aristolochioides and the one in front, far right, is my Nepenthes hamata.

The N. bicalcarata and N. rajah will need a bigger pot soon, again......

Some people say you need a green house!:-))
Seriously, what is your secret?

Seriously, what is your secret?
Duh, its not called the MAGIC window for no reason...

(its really an alternate dimension)

Nice yellow tipped socks! By your feet in the first pic is a planter I use for all my plants ahaha.

Edit: I got it, I figured out how 'The Magic Window' works, it's the flower wallpaper. That's it. I know it for sure.

man! seriously...you have all the neps that I could dream for. :p Fantastic. :D

Nice yellow tipped socks!

Um... It's gold toe socks! And gold toe socks are the one sock to rule them all.

Edit: I got it, I figured out how 'The Magic Window' works, it's the flower wallpaper. That's it. I know it for sure.

The flower wallpaper cracks me up! I love it.

xvart.

Awesome, as always. I keep waiting for N. hamata to get cheaper so I can give it another go.

your rafflesiana is absolutely divine... i hope someday my neps will be that beautiful

I hope my Hamata looks like yours does someday (however, I am at a disadvantage without a magic window :) )

And gold toe socks are the one sock to rule them all.

Shouldn't it be the one pair to rule them? Or two socks? If there's only one, what does that make the bare foot, Frodo?
Nice pics as always, elgecko.
~Joe

I see you still have a couple pipette dispenser boxes! Your Neps, even in that 35% humidity, are awesome! Where are your "helpers?"

Hey... we just moved into another apartment complex, similar to what you and I had/have in PA, and instead of the kitchen, we have the same sort of window from the living room. We are also on the second floor and have a patio - which is where a lot of the collection is hanging out. I'd like to do the same as you have with the hanging baskets (if I can convince my wife). I also hope to have a fishtank setup, as you have, to house the Petiolaris plants I still have.

Thanks for the comments.

At least no one made mention of my dirty work jeans. I did at least change my shirt for the pic.
Gold toe is the only way to go.

The flower wallpaper was the wifes idea. The kitchen has a sunflower theme. LOL

Scott,
Yep, pipette dispenser boxes............ where in the world did I get them???........... I can not remember. LOL
You should have moved to a complex closer here in PA.
Good luck with your new growing area.

I noticed the jeans just didn't say anything haha, my apparel isn't that great either =(.

Thanks for the comments.

At least no one made mention of my dirty work jeans. I did at least change my shirt for the pic.

Good luck with your new growing area.

that's full proof you really work hard for your plants.
i thought your neps are very happiness with you. ha ha.:-D
Blest Nepenthes.

Back