What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Black Dragon' izumae x truncata

Some pics of my izumae x truncata
It's starting to settle in well and is growing fast.
The leaves are a lot smaller than when I received the plant.
It's growing in vermiculite, pearlite, shultz orchid mix, and a small amount of lfs to hold moisture.
I have been fertilizing for 3 months with neptunes harvest fish and seaweed combined with maxsea 16-16-16, at half streangth all together or 1/4 strength each. Seems to be working well so far.

persitome
bdpersitome2.jpg

bdpersitome.jpg

5 in. pitchure
blackdragonpitchure.jpg

whole plant, notice the large older leaves compared to the newer small leaves. the new leaves are about 3 in.
blackdragonwholeplant.jpg

bdplant.jpg

Peace,
Zero

Nice plant. Where do you grow it?

I live in Maine and grow this in the window, similar to how elgeko grows his.

I also have black dragon growing outside at home in Australia.The traps i have growing at the moment are at least 10 inches plus and leaves at least a foot and a half long.I grow grow mine in coir peat and it hasn't looked back.

Nice looking plant. Which direction is your window facing?

LLeopardGGecko, the window is SE facing.
All the plants in the window get a few hours of direct sun every day.

Thanks for the window info. I may seem a bit of a bother these days asking about windowsill growing! I know in several threads I've been asking window-related questions, the reason being that I'm moving to San Diego this December and I'll be growing many of my Neps outside on a patio and several other CPs (including Neps) in a windowsill that's facing northwest (if I'm remembering correctly). From what I observed it seemed to get a few hours of direct sunlight in the late afternoon, so hopefully I'll be able to grow my plants without any problems.

Back