What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fast growing nepenthes

heyo! im looking for some advice on fast growing nepenthes. i sent a friend to work with one of my many d. capensis, and after a few months its actually larger then any i have growing in my setup.

anything fast growing is great. adaptable would be a plus too, but based on the success of the capensis i dont think its a huge issue. hybrids or anything really! the fastest of the fast!

any suggestions?

eymae x veitchii.............x Ventrata..........x Miranda......... xRokko...........x Ile de France

Red dragon and sabre.

xvart.

x Medusa and N. rajah

No seriously, I would agree with rattler, ventrata and miranda are quite fast in my experience.

N. sanguinea. its one of the fastest out there!

dont forget ventricosa, maxima, copelandii, most lowlanders, and hybrids involving maxima, ventricosa, alata, etc.. (for the most part)

N. gracilis and N. bicalcarata come to mind as the fastest.

An adult? One thing I've noticed is that big, mature specimens seem to spend relatively more time growing and less time stalling from shock. Plus, it's much more obvious when a large plant inflates a new pitcher.
~Joe

N. sanguinea. its one of the fastest out there!

That gets my vote too, especially because it meets the adaptabiliy criteria. Mine grows as a lowlander or highlander and doesn't change growth habits.

Bical grows really fast too, and generally I think would be ok in summer months, but in winter it probably will stall out bad like mine did. It didn't die like so many assume it would, but they just dont like it.

I say bical. The bigger the pot the faster it grows.

x Black Dragon is growing fast for me.

N. "Judith Finn" that is a super fast one for me. A new pitcher every week or so. Its a weed!!!

-J.P.

wow every week? My sabre opens a new pitcher every month or so.

N. "Judith Finn" that is a super fast one for me. A new pitcher every week or so. Its a weed!!!

-J.P.

mine was terribly slow.... about 1 leaf every 2 months!

Really? Mine spit them out like crazy... Well... it wasn't mine persay but my friend asked me to take care of it for a year. And once I gave it back it spit out more and more pitchers. She took it back to college and its still going strong on a windowsill.

-J.P.

my judith finn grew alarmingly fast when i first ogt it with about a 2 inch leafspan, about a pitcher a week. then when it reached about a 12-18 inch leafspan it slowed down incredibly, to about a pitcher every 1 or 2 months

Here's another Nep question:

Not only a fast grower, but what Nep(s) really puts out the pitchers?? ???

N khasiana for me grows exceedingly fast. I actually stopped counting how many stalks it has. N alata and N phillipinensis also grow fairly quickly.

Miranda is also fast (as some have mentioned) and highly adaptable.

Back