Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few Nep pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words folks. Neon...that form of N. ampularia is probably my most favorite. The color contrast is so striking and Steve did a wonderful job capturing its beauty.

Paul- Thanks for the compliments. That N. spect/talang really is a lovely plant. It has always been one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steve for the photo tour!
    Philcula, you're killing us with those lowlanders... ah, you're killing us with the highlanders too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow nice Neps! love that HL Veitchii. All incredible plants though.
    Is that the giant Regia tentacle poking out of the corner of the spect x veitch pic?
    Any pics of that monster?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed the N. campanulata in the second picture. That was a pleasant surprise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    Is that the giant Regia tentacle poking out of the corner of the spect x veitch pic?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    Any pics of that monster?
    Not at this time. There won't be for a very long time. Just recently an animal of some sort broke into the greenhouse and ravaged several very rare plants. Among them was my giant D. regia which was lying flat on the grownd with all the crowns smashed. There were 9 crowns on this plant. It is now bare soil! Also damaged was my large female Nepenthes spectabilis. It was also lying on the ground with a mature vine snapped in half. I should mention that this vine was also carrying a flower spike with 40 seed pods - ALL N. spectabilis x truncata. Yes...I had remade my own version of spectabilis x truncata and lost the entire vine.

Needless to say I have repaired the greenhouse and will hope my plants recover in due time. I was spitting nails that day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get rid of the giants... but who will be so kind as to take them off your hands? I will do it... I guess... for a price... how bout you pay me 50 bucks and I'll take em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philcula, that is a really really sad news to hear your spectabilis vine broke when there a lot of seed pods. I think it is about time traps around your greenhouse cause i remember you have this problem last year too. I hope you plants will bounce back soon.

Jeff
    We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepfreak View Post
    ... how bout you pay me 50 bucks and I'll take em.
    Shouldn't you be paying me...to take my plants?? I usually just throw them away. That's how vft guy in San Jose got so many of my plants. He raided my throw aways. Now he's my good buddy and gets prime divisions.

Jeff- I did have a similar problem last year with a opposum getting into the greenhouse. The covering on the greenhouse was old and easy to break through. I found a weak spot around the foundation where the plastic wasn't tacked down all the way. Whatever got in...got in through there. I'm sure the plants will be fine. I'm just really bumbed that my seed pods never reached full term. The male truncata used in this cross was a really nice one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast