What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrips

CP_dude

future nursury owner...i hope
I have reason to believe....that my beloved N. Hamata...has thrips (silver streaks on leaves, silver streaks are kinda sticky, random brown spots on leaves, ect.)

So i sent my mom out to get some Ortho, and i'm not sure if she got the right kind, the last thing i wanna do is spray my 100$ plant with something that will kill it...

She got Ortho Orthenex incect and disease control spray...
I usually get systemic, not orthenex...although it does say systemic protection...

Is this OK, or will my N. Hamata meet an untimely demise if i spray it...

Look at the ingredients on the new stuff and the ingredients on the old can you normally use and if they are the same or about the same it's fine. I'm sure it's fine.

If you can't find an old can of the Ortho you normally use, Google it and then compare them.

My mom decided to throw out my old can...even though there was half a can left (thus the reason why i made her go get a new one :) ) I'll do the google thingy i guess

That's the stuff I use. Seems to work on most things.

Max

It seemed to work, the silvery streaks are gone...and the plant didn't die from it (yet). the only thing is that it smells....really really bad....it smells like the ortho...and it's really bad....lol!

Back