Likes Likes:  0

Thread: All about ventricosa

James
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All about ventricosa

Hello all. I am new to this forum and CPs and I would realy like to know more about N.ventricosa. So if you have any information or pictures that you would like to share about this plant, then please post here.

Thanks

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello, and welcome to the forum, use the search feature and start reading! There is plenty here about N. ventricosa. This should get you started:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/se...searchid=45965
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dull as dishwater and easy to grow. It's the perfect beginner plant.

They say in the event of a nuclear holocaust, cockroaches and N. ventricosa will be the only survivors. Then the cockroaches will be eaten so.... yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont forget about twinkies
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bud. I know it can be daunting navigating your way around a forum for the first time. I myself just recently started posting on this forum (and in forums in general) but I made sure to read as much as possible first. I have read through thousands of posts to gather information and ideas for my own setup. These guys are right, you should search around and just read as much information as possible. There are great photos, diagrams, and information posted all around. I bought a Nepenthes Ventricosa almost a year ago and it was actually a clump of 3 plants. The Plant had some fairly yellow leaves compared to my other Nepenthes, but I believe it was because there were three separate plants with roots entangled. Below is a picture of my Ventricosa a few months after I got it, and following that is a picture of my current Ventricosa. I separated one of the plants and potted it by itself.

This is the cluster of 3 neps before I had separated them. They have fairly yellow leaves in this picture and their growth was stunted due to the small size.

This is two of the Ventricosas in a larger pot, after I managed to separate one of them. The leaves are becoming a darker green. The green moss you see is actually not ideal for CP's but I liked the way it looks and I didn't have any LFS. Also, these are very young Neps and still have immature looking pitchers. For better pics I would use the search function.

Like they said Vents are very hardy so you should not have any problems.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice, Sehtnepen. The best thing about searching the forums (other than finding the answer you are looking for) is finding all sorts of other posts that might pop up. You can "waste" so much time sifting through the great resources at your disposal here. There truly is never a dull moment when searching.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"