Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back from the Dead

If by any chance, anyone here still remembers me, I'm backkkk! I knew all along I wouldn't be able to quit CPs for long, and here it is just a year and a half later and I'm already looking to scratch an itch. The Nep sub-forum seemed like a good place to start since I visited it most frequently by a long shot! I still own some D. scorpiodes and flytraps of various varieties, a few orchids, one cactus, and several ficus trees. That's it though. My true love, Nepenthes, has been completely absent. I think I can still remember the names of all my favorites, and I'm looking to set up one tank of highland favorites. I sold all of my plants a while back, and I know most of the buyers were on here. This was EVERYTHING, including my prized rajah, aristo, jacquelineae, hamata, lowii, glabrata, everything! And I'm looking to set up a highland tank with those exact species in it. So if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be so very groovy. I've already hit up my main dealer (Tony) and am hoping that some of yall might remember a brother and share the love. It's gonna take me some minimal re-acclimation to get my tank set up perfectly, master all of the various plants' "isms", etc, and I'm hoping yall will help. Remind me of the secret to the happiest Nepenthes, and maybe, just maybe, hook me up with a basal rosette or cutting. Dang I remember a lot of terms! It's good to be back.
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back,I remember you!To bad you had to sell your plants.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wb
    What city are you in? Unfortunately I'm kickin it in the hellhole that is west tx until december.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you doing out in LUBBOCK?! School I suppose? I'm in the Fort Worth(less).. Where are you going after December?? Quite the growlist you've got there, are you rockin a greenhouse or indoor only?
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah school haha. After December I'll be going somewhere else for medical school, hopefully either Houston for Baylor, or Dallas for UT Southwestern...we'll see how that works out.

But yeah I grow everything in one of those "indoor greenhouses". There are so many plants in there its about to bust, and I really need to look into something else. If I move to Houston I'll definitely just be moving my lowlanders outside, as thats pretty much the perfect environment except for the 2 months where its cold.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on.. Staying in Texas then eh? Are you from around here originally?
    Back to the topic, are the guys like swords, schloaty, pyro, capslock, justlikeapill, jimscott, etc. all still around? I can think of a few more but their internet aliases (aliae?) arent coming to me at the moment.. Anyone who's been around a while, post up and say hi! I'm just getting my bearings again...
    I am back..

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back. I didn't know you but I have read some of your posts through the searches I've made. Always great to have someone "back from the dead." And yes, actually, everyone you mentioned is still around.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm from H-town. Gotta stay in Texas for that in state tuition. Graduating with $160k worth of debt does not sound pleasant.

Man you had some great neps though. Do you have anything now, or have you gotten rid of the lot of it? There have been a few times I've contemplated selling everything off for various reasons, but I know I would regret it almost immediately haha.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast