What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to get a Burbidgeae

Hey guys. I've been looking for a N. Burbidgeae lately and unfortunately there are only a couple vendors selling some and I had a few questions. One is going for 35$ and the other for 65$. The 65$ one is fairly large, and I'm not too sure about the other one. I almost want to pick up both, but I'm not sure how much variation there is among the species. So I guess my questions are these:
1. How much variation is there across the species?
2. I've noticed many of the smaller (juvenile) pitchers tend to be reddish rather than cream-colored. I know they typically have red spots on the cream-colored background (when older), but is this typical of all of them? Will the newer, larger pitchers be predominantly cream-colored with smaller red spots?
3. Do all Burbidgeae have a striped peristome?
4. Does anyone have a vendor they recommend for one? (Please PM the answer to this one)
5. I hear they are fairly slow, but easy to grow. Is this true? Any special suggestions for it? I'm getting itchy to buy one... or two... I can't decide yet.

I have already checked out nepenthesaroundthehouse and a couple references, but I always like to get feedback from as many people as possible. Thanks in advance.

1) not too much
2) yeah kinda. Predominantely cream
3) I think so
4) dunno
5) definitely slow, some people have problems. Give it typical highland conditions and it will grow well...but slow

Awesome, thank you =D. I think i'll have to give 'em a try.

Back