What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My favourites at the moment

Cindy

Staff member
N. sumatrana (MT)
sumatrana1.jpg

sumatrana.jpg

N. veitchii 'f' (EP) - rather pale
veitchiiep1.jpg

veitchiiep.jpg

N. veitchii 'f' (EP) - immature pitcher from the same plant has got more pink on the wings so hopefully the next mature pitcher is pink!
veitchiiep2.jpg

Lovely !! The only plants I have are from tc and have no nice pitchers yet (they got smashed by my brother)

Very Beautiful!!!:grin:

Very nice! They look hungry!

Two more favs. :-O

N. sibuyanensis x ventricosa (EP)
sxv.jpg

sxv2.jpg

N. globusa (NF) - one of fattest pitcher from my never-klom viking :lol:
vvr1.jpg

Look at all those Cephs. How do you manage with them Cindy? They don't grow well in my lowland conditions.

Manny, those Cephs are about 2 years from TC. They are at my balcony taking the full blast of heat into the 90s during the July-Sept period. Even the nights are in the high 80s. I posted here before that the plant keeps sending offshoots which bear small pitchers. My largest clump has over a hundred pitchers.

Pic of the clump taken in January this year.
ceph_lrg.jpg

Wow...beautiful plants Cindy! Look at all those lil' baby cephs. Cephalinas!

I have always loved the fat tubby pitchers over the more enlongated ones although...a pretty nep is a pretty nep regardless.

Cindy, that first ventri x sibu has a belly button!

Cindy...you are inspiring me to try Cephalotus again. Do you grow them drier or very wet? Perhaps this is the key. I grew mine in peat, sphag, and perlite...as it seems you do. I grew some in full sun and some in 50% shade 9with the Neps). Neither worked.

Or maybe you have a very resilient clone.

Mine is in a 6" tall plastic drinking cup. I topwater about once a week, making sure don't water the plant directly. It seems to work.

Manny, this plant is in LFS and perlite. I water (overhead) only 2-3 times a week but my humidity is mostly above 50%. I have gotten large plants recently and will be growing them under the same conditions.

In a year I would be able to tell if I
1. had a heat resistant clone
2. if the large specimens will produce hundreds of tiny pitchers too! :-))

I would say go ahead and get yourself another Ceph. If it can grow for me, it can definitely grow for you! I live in hot temperatures year round with very little night temperature drop. At least Florida is cooler. That I am sure 'cos I've been there! :)

Oh, I forgot to add. Overpotting helps! And no black pots!

Overpotting...makes sense. I was sitting mine in a saucer of water. Maybe that was no good. Thanks for the tips guys.

Back