Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My nep update + shocking change

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dammit.... I still have the pitcher that came with the plant... nearly 5 months old. its nice and strong in texture..but small. This one just formed at the start of this month. THATS IT. DAMN... I hate loosing pitchers. WHy can't I have pitchers last like other ppl's plants ~ 1 + year??

well....I guess I got to wait for the next one.

lol! very very funny. lol! I got the rajah a new light outside... hopefully now its enough to trigger tendril development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeha you prolly confused jlap w/ me. I hate lfs for any use. Too many drawbacks and not enough good qualities I guess. Anyway...potting in an orchid basket is good, but that pot seems entirely too large. The lfs in there is gunna break down and force you to repot again before the plant even grows into that basket.

PS: how th e hell did they get awaay with naming a plant in freaking sanskrit or whatever it is instead of latin?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! dude...its the best name ever. I know I am totally biased to it....but truly it is the king of the nepenthes genus. Atleast for me.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes rex or Nepenthes regis would have been just as nice. I guess they got away with it the same way that the guy who named the "species" of N. sharifah-hapsahii and N. naquiyuddinii got away with it.

Such travesties. He should be ashamed. At least he's one of the few men who can say he named plants after his bosses. Now that's a world class butt kisser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah no joke. How'd they get away with those being "species"? I thought that pretty much no one aside from the 2 or 3 people at that university considered that a species?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...I agree with you two on the naming of those 2 neps. that is soo cliche. yeah... I hate those 2 names. With the rajah...I am thinking maybe it was the biggest nep they had ever seen till then and thats why they named it as the KING. However, wikipedia says it was named after the white rajah of sarawak. well...we don't know the story...but either the rajah was soo good that the explorer named it in rememberance OR lol! to just to butter him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12