What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ampullaria in the wild

Ampullaria came in a variety of colours and forms. There is never an end to discovering just for this lowland species. Their form's name call it whatever . some photos were taken during the Sabah trip and across the border of Sarawak, some not far from kuching.

red stripes
DSC_9597.jpg

DSC_9602-1.jpg

Was this the "red moon" the Japanese called?

DSC_9632.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

elongated
DSC_0364-1.jpg

oval shape
DSC_0410.jpg

The red stripes is stunning.

I've never seen such pretty shades of red.

Thanks for viewing Jerk and elgecko. I love the red stripes form too.

Very nice! Those plants are simply amazing. Funny how you see the cluster of pitchers, but not the leaves for each one.

Thanks for sharing!

WOW! Those amps are awesome!

I wish there were more forms of this species readily (read: not expesive) available in cultivation.

Oh WOW, those are amazing!

Ohhhhhh~ love it.:-D
they are sooooo cute.
Wild nepenthes are great!!
thanks to your generous sharing.

Hi all, thanks again for viewing and comments.

Adnedarn,cluster of ground pitchers popping out through the ground had slender short undeveloped leaves.They are often covered under the forest decaying debris.

An example here on the left of the image where 2 basals growth were visible above the ground but many were not.
wildamp3.jpg

Again it was not uncommon to see small short plant,amp.i this case, with ground pitchers having well developed basal leaves. Eventually they grow into vines sometimes have their own roots but the main root will still be attached to the main plant.

wildamp1.jpg

N.gracilis, its hybrids and ampullaria hybrids share the same morphology.

N.gracilis
wildamp4.jpg

Thanks for sharing your images, they are fantastic!
Very much worth the time they took to load with my cheezy dialup connection.

Thanks for sharing your images, they are fantastic!
Very much worth the time they took to load with my cheezy dialup connection.

you're most welcome.

Back