Thread: miranda cutting update

slightly askew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

miranda(?) cutting update

Hi all,

Back in April I received 2 MONSTER cuttings from ilbasso. I tried a couple of different potting mixes, but the cuttings did not seem to be doing anything so I switched up. I lost one cutting to an early freeze, and maybe a media mix that was too chunky for a cutting. But the other I put in staight perlite,(Cindys post regarding straight perlite and cuttings was a God send),in this wine goblet, the cutting began to grow. These were taken mid September.

The first pitcher starting to form.

In early Octoober I repoted to this;

And the first pitcher had grown to this;

Mid October the second pitcher had formed and I had these, first on the left second on the right.

The plant grew like mad, the third tendril stretched into the lighting while I was out of town and got burnt to a crisp. I had to take it out of the terrarium. During acclimation I lost both pitchers, here is the plant now;

The growth point;

And a new pitcher forming;

Getting the plant acclimated to my climate has been slow, but it is finally taking a turn. Growth has slowed considerably since I moved it from the terrarium. The lower leaves paled and were not happy. But the 2 newest leaves are nice and green and waxy.

So, hopefully it will pick up again here soon. Thanks ilbasso for the cuttings, I appreciate the opportunity.

stacker
    We must laugh at man to avoid crying for him. N. Bonaparte

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an extreamly large cutting from him too, but i only got one and it ended up dieing

It's nice to see that someone was successful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice growing! Still no pitchers for me, but I have a flower stalk so I guess it balances.

Here are pics from somebody else's growing-don't be so quick to confidently declare it as a miranda. These pics don't look like one as far as I know:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...747#post854747