What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. raff Sarawak Bau Giant Search Is Over!!

Hiya All-

I finally have my N. raff Sarawak Bau giant :boogie:

It faired a bit better on the travel than did the other raff gigantea (Singapore Giant?) I got a couple of weeks ago :banana2:

Here are some pics that I took just after I had it potted up. Hope it acclimates well
:water: .

Let me know what you folks think and enjoy ;).

Good Growing,
Bo :-D

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice plant. I like how there's equal amounts of red and cream on the pitcher body, I can't tell if it's red with cream speckles or cream with red speckles! Usually one color is more dominant. Those pitchers will get huge if I know raff. gigantea. The pitchers usually are half the tendril length on mine (and the tendrils are long.) Congrats on finally finding a "giant."

Hiya Nepfreak-

Thanks for the "congrats" :boogie:

From most of what I have read, N. raff giganteas are slow growers, but I hope it won't take forevers till I can put that pop down into a pitcher's throat. Now that'd would be a nice frame of size reference :-D

Any tips on growing a giant raff?

Thanks and Good Growing,
Bo :banana2:

I grow mine on a windowsill and it gets 5 inch pitchers right now, so it's not super hard. It is pretty slow for me though! I find they like a lot of water. I've lost pitchers from letting the soil dry out briefly, since I usually let the top dry out. It can take low light levels, but is tolerant of pretty high light levels too. Not a very hard plant to grow, you should do fine with it.

Hiya Nepfreak-

Thanks for relaying your experience :hail:

I hope mine grows just as well as yours :D

Good Growing,
Bo :rookwoot:

Back