What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bicalcarata hybreds?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I was wondering if there were any hybreds of N. bicalcarata out there with the fangs. I am hoping N. bicalcarata would be the mother plant but not necessary. I sort of want just N. bicalcarata but, all I need is the "fangs" of the plant on the hybred. So is there any easy to find hybred out there? Thanks for the help!

It's spelled hybrid.

The most you'll get is nubs unless you have a hybrid with bicalcarata crossed back onto another bicalcarata so you get a complex hybrid. Or you could just get a pure N. bicalcarata.

Here's a very old picture of my old N. bicalcarata (red) x campanulata. I have seen hybrids with long "nubs" but there aren't anything like "fangs." I think the other parent was N. rafflesiana to begin with so... there you go.

DSC01784.jpg

:-( oh, that stinks, I can't even find N. bicalcarata for sale any where. I knew I spelt it wrong so I just posted it anyway.

bical x rokko x bical has nice fangs...I'm way too lazy to find a pic tho

In my opinion, N.ampullaria x N. bicalcurata is the nicest bical hybrid.Its fangs aren't impressive, but it looks like a giant N. ampullaria.

bical x rokko x bical has nice fangs...I'm way too lazy to find a pic tho

found the post. but the picture is gone. it was a picture of an upper. i thought he ID'd it wrong...it looks so much like pure bical! im still skeptical :-))
Alex

I looked and I only find forum trades, so I might have to go with that.

He took down a lot of his photos since they were taking up too much space. There's another pic someone else posted thats around somewhere.

nice bical phission...oh wait...;)

Wow, it looks great! Does it still get the deep coloration of the plant?

Here's a bical x 'Dreamy Koto'
P1040829.jpg

Uppers look a little nicer, I'll have to look around for that picture.

Those look like tiny fangs not nubs. Well when I looked none of the wild hybrids had the ability to keep ants, does this apply to all non-complex hybrids?

Back