What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BE order?

I have heard many people mention Borneo Exotics (since they are mainly wholesale) on here before, so I assume that it is OK... If not, please let me know. I have been considering placing an order with BE, but I was wondering how well they do with private orders? They have quite a few choice species (and hybrids) that I want, at very good prices...but I was wondering if anyone has placed an order with them before? Did you choose DHL delivery service? How much extra was it? How long was the delivery time? What was the condition of the plants? I know they are reputable, but in my experience, wholesalers tend to care less for small volume sales. I am not saying this is how BE would conduct themselves, but any input/advice/experience is appreciated. (BTW I know they have a minimum order of 300$, I was just wondering how much extra in shipping and other fees I am looking at)

I have not ordered directly from Rob but I know someone who has numerous times in the past and I was gifted a few plants from one of those orders.

The plants were top quality, some of the best I have had to date. Transitioned well to my conditions and never had any problems with them.

I have a few plants from BE bought though a person here that orders in bulk. The quality of the plants is great. Though unless you plan to spend a buch it's not really worth it to order directly from them.

Hi Daniel,

Rob here, from BE. We don't retail plants into the US I'm afraid. This is becasue of our Distributors. We can't expect them to order plants from us and then pull the rug out from under them by selling plants retail also. We do a lot of retail into other countries where we don't have any Distributors.

Another problem you would have even if you were able to import retail is that for a small shipment, you would find the costs of the DHL carriage horrendous. We used to use EMS (Express Mail) to the US but after 3 shipments went missing for 3 weeks, we had to give that up.

The best thing to do would be to contact any of the US Distributors listed on our website and ask for the plants you want. If they don't stock them, they can get them in for you in the spring.

Thx for the response Rob! It is much appreciated. I also sent you a PM.

Gratefully,
Daniel

Back