Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronically deformed N. ramispina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think what hes trying to get across is that its a mutant...and mutants should be thrown out? correct? i used t have a metant ventrata. you might want to PM Max to see how long his lasted. mayby is a young plant thing and itll grow out of it?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying they should be thrown out or killed, but I certainly don't want it taking up space when I could have a normal N. ramispina in it's spot. If you had a car with a dent in the hood, but other than that it worked and looked fine, you still wouldn't want that dent there when you could have a hood without a dent. I view it like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you view a plant as an automobile?
    its probably just a mutation from the peristome curling in, i dont know. but it doesnt harm the plant and i think it gives the plant character.
    why not have an odd plant out of the bunch?
    we have odd people in a group of normals eh?
    its unique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what if that monstrosity was allowed to breed? Think of the consequences. (literally...think about them...from a biological/conservation perspective)
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glider14 View Post
    i think what hes trying to get across is that its a mutant...and mutants should be thrown out?
    A lot of people don't like mutants because of the "infected" gene pool. Especially if you might get to the point of crossing with another plant. The hybrid would then have the mutant genes in it. I totally understand Clint's point about space and wanting a standard issue N. ramispina. There are people out there that adore mutants; however, many of us do not. Personally, a mutant is not that cool of a novelty to waste space on, especially if you are tight on space.

edit: Phission beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    why would you view a plant as an automobile?
    I think it's a perfect analogy.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol standard issue
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evolution is caused mutations! From the biological perspective and coservation perspective it should be allowed to live because without mutation the plants wouldn't exist or any other eukaryotic(spelling?) thing. Would you distroy a car with a dent if it made it look good? Really if you don't want I will take it and breed it. Oh, say if a teacher was handing out books all blue and only one green, isn't normal for most to want the green?

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, as u said...just trade it away clint. I am sure many people still adore the red leaves and the nice pitchers apart from that little "DENT". I don't like mutants like "bart simpson in VFT" too...but unless it was that ugly I wouldn't trade it away....let alone kill it.

uuh....mutant infected gene pool?? thats evolution my friend.... mutants have led to selection...selection has led to the wonderful diversity...the bical's teeth, the linguata (or whatever's ) elephant tongue. You never know...imagine a rasmispina with whiskers. lol! In the end yeah...its still your choice...its up to you. But don't waste a beautiful plant like that by killing it or burning it. I would have taken it off your hands ..but I already have a ramispina. I don't think mine has that bump...but its too small to even notice that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast