What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chronically deformed N. ramispina

I didn't think he was serious, either lol.

I'll tell you guys what. It's Christmas time. Next person to post gets this hideous mutant for the cost of shipping. No point making a new thread just for this.

Really?

Well good luck on finding the one you want Clint. I might start looking too.....

Really, Ant. PM me. Merry Christmas.

Now to look for a regular one....

I like mutants,
this plant just isn't mutated enough for me!

for example:

I HATE the dull garden center N. x ventrata plants
In fact, the only N. x ventrata plants I like are the reallllllly freaky tc mutants.
I'm not talking about a few hormone-induced root "bumps" here and there, I'm talk'n bout craze no-lid traps and random appendages out the wazoo!
I'd pay good money for a really mutated nepenthes.

I like mutants,
this plant just isn't mutated enough for me!

for example:

I HATE the dull garden center N. x ventrata plants
In fact, the only N. x ventrata plants I like are the reallllllly freaky tc mutants.
I'm not talking about a few hormone-induced root "bumps" here and there, I'm talk'n bout craze no-lid traps and random appendages out the wazoo!
I'd pay good money for a really mutated nepenthes.

Remind me never to trade seed with you! lol.

xvart.

lets not get PK started about all of that stuff...he has a degree in it.... :hail:

Well the mutant I want is Capensis "Crestate" now is that thing like impossible to find ??? I think it would be cool to get back into cultivation.
If I had a choice between the mutant or the non dented i'd go for non dented or if it was dented I'd send it away.

"cristate" D. capensis is extremely rare now. I heard it was very common in the 80's but it was unstable and eventually the vast majority of crested individuals reverted.

I once had a very cool looking cristate P. cyclosecta. When it was in winter leaf phase it looked like a wavy green brain. Unfortunately, it rotted.

I was wondering if it is a rare plant since I don't usually see N. ramispina for sale.

No.

So......might I pose a newbie question at this point?

...what does TC mean?

Pffft, i was just testing you......

TC in regards to neps is really used to speak of micropropagation if you want to split hairs...

It would be like splitting atoms if you ask him anymore.:-))

What happend at the end with the mutant ramispina?

It was given away for the cost of shipping, freeing up needed space.

xvart.

Back