What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glider14

Always a newbie
here are a few of my smaller neps. all looking good with some nice pitchers! sorry for the color and quality of some of them...
truncata Highland
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

muluensis x lowii (for PK ;))
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

spectabilis x ventricosa
IMG_0010.jpg

lowii :) first pitcher made under my care. one is currently being developed as we speak :)
IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

albomarginata "green" (but ive also seen it as "green with red splotches")
IMG_0020.jpg

thanks man! the muluensis x lowii pics are dedicated to you :)

Great Plants! Especially the muluensis x lowii and the lowii!

Glider14, where do you grow your Neps? They look fantastic.

IMG_2054.jpg

everything except the lowii and muluensis x lowii grow outside the terrarium.
Alex

Is that wet LFS on the floor of your terrarium? Do you do that to help with the humidity? I did that once.

xvart.

the muluensis x lowii pics are dedicated to you
Lol. I'm getting closer on my new enclosure where hopefully that $)*^_@*$ thing will pitcher. It WOULD'VE been done last night, but due to lack of foresight, I was too dumb to order 4 more "corner" pieces for the top, so its pretty wobbly. I gotta wait for them to get in, but that wont be until after Christmas. I already have the lights/humidifier/homemade shelves in, and 6mil plastic covering 1/2 of it. Here's a taste:

DSCN0004.jpg

6.5' h x 7' l x 3.5' d

Hey!

Nice neps dude. Very nice highlanders there dude.

Do I spot your ceph there? Looks awsome man! never seen a pic of your ceph. :)

On the other hand...I had to freaking move. And I need to move back in 14 more days. JUST JUST GREAT!! Kinda crushed my neps...I am expecting the bical to give a reaction. I don't know....sheesh! well! nothing I can do.

cheers,

V

IMG_2054.jpg

everything except the lowii and muluensis x lowii grow outside the terrarium.
Alex

3rd shelf in the middle V :D ill have to take pic of it soon. its getting pretty big.

xvart. yep! and for keeping the neps watered. im also growing some live sphag inside of it.

Alex

Great neps! Now I see why your truncata is so slow, It's tiny. mine sped up it's growth when it got to be around 8 in. I like the lowii.

Nice !
For xmas I got some money,I have like noo room right now so i will buy some neps later.
Nice neps,mine are slow but I think they will pickup sooner or later..

man I'm jealous. My muluensis x lowii never does anything...

mine has been growin ever since i got it and only goofed on one pitcher. the form of the pitchers is now much better now that is has a little more humidity. i dono what to say... a clone like PK's that wont pitcher for anything?

Alex

one thing is different, i just grow it out on the shelf with everything else. you grow it in a terrarium, right? before I moved and it was growing on a windowsill I did get a couple small pitchers from it, but that was over a year ago.

mine was on my shelf. its made maybe 4 pitchers total and this one is the only one made in theterrarium. the one pictured.

Alex

Back