What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new Nepenthes Madagascariensis

cant wait for the pitchers to form!
temps are from 70-75 degrees, sometimes warmer
and humidity is usually 75-90%

CPs062.jpg

keep it warmer if you can. Might wanna look into a small heating pad.

I agree. You could also put it in a tank, about 1/5 full with a water heater on the bottom. You can get one from an aquarium store.

ive already got the tank to 89ºF without a heater.
its doing fine.

when I was growing this plant a few years ago I had best results growing it with my bicalcaratas, meaning muggy and hot. I noticed it was more sensitive to lower temps then all my other lowlanders.

allow it to dry slightly between waterings.

Nepenthes madagascariensis dosn't care how warm your terrarium is, it wants it HOTTER!:-O

seriously though, if temps go up to 89f and never go below 70-ish, it should do very well.

Nepenthes madagascariensis has very unimpressive traps as a small seedling, but once it grows a bit, it produces nice roundish squat chocolate brown lower traps. Upper traps are light yellow-green and shaped like little wine glasses. Mature plants produce many basals like N. ampullaria. N. madagascariensis is one of the few Nepenthes that grows into a self-supporting "bush" rather than a climbing vine.

Keep us updated on your plant, although most say that N. madagascariensis is not very impressive, I have seen mature plants and I can confidently say that a mature N.madagascariensis is a very impressive plant.

here it is about a week now after it arrived

Madagascariensis001.jpg

Ventricosa ? Venetrata ?

btw i am going to be buying an under-tank heating pad soon

Back