Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many side shoots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cindy! Without your little trick this guy would still be a nasty old vining monstrosity.

I'll give it a foliar espresso in the morning!
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine about 4 inches tall and put out a side shoot...and it's grown from seed, so it wasn't due to a cutting...i might fertilize in the morning too...give it christmas suprise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is already to use,I have alot of bap that was going to be used to for tc but I failed,
    I don't really want to spend more $$ on a pressure cooker other than that I'd be tcing.
    Yes it is dissolved in NaOH I have like 30 mil of that,40 mils of ppm,20 liters of dry MS,agar everywhere and other stuff but I don't want to spend the money really.....
    I was considering dissolving a small 2 mills per liter of water or maybe a agar gell then put that on a woodey stem and see what happens.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard some Neps have looong memories if dosed with BAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am hoping it would create alot of shoots then after the hormones get correct(normal) then I could root them all,I think if I could make a very weak past(3 militers to 1 quart of diy gel) that would go on 2 dormant node for experimintation if it works well cool if not not a cent lost.......
    If they do produce shoots they will have that fresh out of tc vigor and behavior for awhile I think but it would be cool if this little idea works well......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...I have no clue how I missed all these replies to this topic. The last time for me it said "new posts" was mid first page. Anyway:

Edax: foliar feeding neps is a waste of time. Neps absorb nutrients best through pitchers, then roots, then leaves.

JM,
    15mg/L of 6-BAP will cause nothing but leaf senescence. Been there, done that. Make sure you realllllly don't care about the plant before you start treating it.

tony,
    Where'd you hear that from? I'm not really aware of any experiments with BAP on neps, besides my own, which I haven't really talked about. If you're talking about them showing a different morphology from being treated with hormones (found on CPUK a while ago), that was my experiment too, and it was with GA3. Took about a year for them to recover btw.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... foliar feeds seem to have helped in the past. Then again it could be wishful thinking. Although once pitchers form I put the same foliar feed into the pitchers instead and that has definitely shown me results.
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phission what would cause basal shoot madness
    I was figuring if bap causes multiplication in tc plants that it may do a lighter degree of that in a gelly form..
    Umm what I just thought of it don't orchid peoples use a basal promotion pastes
    I remember reading it somewhere....
    Umm I found this "Gibberellins also reverse the inhibition of shoot growth and dormancy induced by ABA.[13]
    Maybe if you got the right Gibberellin that is room tempeture stable(or is able to be kept in the fridge)
    into a gel or something then you could have rapid shoot growth then you could take like 20 basals then root them..
    Or am I just going off on some rabbit trail
    Last edited by jm82792; 12-26-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: more info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast