What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pics of nep seedlings, thanks pyro:)icps

some pics of the parents from last year.
ABGtruncata.jpg

zippo for scale, these are HUGE plants.
ABGtruncata3.jpg

Wow. Those are some massive leaves. I could almost use them as bedsheets.

xvart.

yeah, truncata is large.
I'm not sure what I'll do with mine.
It's about 15" across and just starting to put size on.
I'm running out of room.

Good Lord! Those are like bical leaves, but fatter!

And I thought just having the large raf and the bical was going to be an issue.

My trucata is about 10" or so - looks like it's going to be a monster, too.

Time to think about expanding the indoor hothouse - the wife is NOT going to like that. :0o:

mine do not look quite that good (the raff seedlings). I think I need to repot mine :(

I didn't know the ICPS has the truncata seeds from those monsters over at ABG. And to think, I have to go over to the post office today anyway ;)

nice! i have 5 pots of hybrids at home.... ive been spraying with water. and a few times with fungicide. hopefully ill see some of my own splendiana x truncata seedlings soon :)
Alex

How up to date are the packet quantities on the ICPS seed bank website?

xvart.

man I don't know but I put in a request for them in the mail yesterday... hope they still have some of that truncata. those are some of my favorite plants at ABG.

How do you all keep the seeds from molding? Will cinnamon work?

-J.P.

I'm no expert, but the seeds I got from Pyro last year all I did was sprinkle them on some damp LFS, mist the heck out of them, then put them close under a light. I think I lost one to mold.

thats the thing ive done different this time! constant misting!!! well...it seemed to have worked because i have several splendiana x truncata seedlings and a splendiana x "judith Finn" seedling just coming out. im still waiting for the others. looks hopeful :)

Alex

WOOHOO!!!

Finally got germination in one container of those N. truncata seeds. I planted them 10/24/07.

Truncata seedlings as of 2/18/08
Tray
truncataseedtray.jpg

Close up
truncataseedclose.jpg

peace,
Zero

Wow look at all the seedlings.

I have to say that is going to be the only thing I miss about GA is the botanical gardens.

Wow! I got some of those seeds in December. Still nothing yet though. With y'alls results I'm hopeful!

Back