What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pics of nep seedlings, thanks pyro:)icps

pics of raff x raff, bical, trunc, alata?
bigest seedling
raffseedling.jpg

tray of them
raffseedlings2.jpg

raffseedlings3.jpg

I got some truncata seed recently, even though they are 2 months old they are sprouting:) I am VERY excited about these
truncataseed.jpg

truncataseed2.jpg

peace,
Zero

Great raff seedlings. I only managed to get one to sprout but its starting to gain some size too. :)

About the truncata seeds, I got them a week or two after they first showed up in the seedbank and have gotten nearly a 100% germination rate from them. I was surprised at how many sprouted, it was some good seed.

I tried them right when they got them,nothing :(
Blender lfs,warth and light nothing...........

these seeds got no extra heating.
blenderized lfs and lots of spraying did the trick.
they all sprouted at room temp 70F.

Those truncata seed should give rise to some nice plants as the parent plants are both beautiful. I have pics somewhere...

Heres some of mine:

Truncatalings:
truncatalings02.jpg

Splendiana x truncata:
splenxtrunlings01.jpg

The lone raffling:
raffling01.jpg

And these... well.. I can't remember what they are.. (I almost never label my pots..)

I think they're a ventricosa/splendiana hybrid.
hybridx.jpg

I also have some gracilis, mirabilis, and ampularia seedlings lying around. Hope they get through the highland winter alright.

VERY nice jr.
I hope the truncata turn out nice.
I would like to know what the truncata parents are.
pics?

Awesome stuff. I've got some nep seeds cooking as well, will have to come back here to share some photos when they start to sprout. :D

Generally speaking, what kind of time frame do Neps take to germinate?
I have some Viking (N. globosa) seed on the way, but have never germinated any Neps.
Do I need to do anything more than sprinkle them on the medium and mist them in?

Generally speaking, what kind of time frame do Neps take to germinate?
I have some Viking (N. globosa) seed on the way, but have never germinated any Neps.
Do I need to do anything more than sprinkle them on the medium and mist them in?

You can check out these threads that are stickied. There are several ways that people have posted on growing from seed.

xvart.

Thanks xvart, I should have looked more closely at the stickies.

I got some of those ICPS truncata seeds right away as well. So far no sprouts. I have the seeds on finely chopped New Zealand LFS in 3 different conditions including one on a heat mat. Nothing so far.

Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey Pyro, could we some of the turncatas parents? pretty please? :) :) :) ... :D

Thanks!

Alright, here we go. Here are the parents of the truncata seed that ICPS is distributing. IIRC the top plant is the female

P9010034.jpg

P9010033.jpg

Alright, here we go. Here are the parents of the truncata seed that ICPS is distributing.

Fantastic.

xvart.

are those the huge plants in the LL greenhouse?
if so I saw them last year.

are those the huge plants in the LL greenhouse?
if so I saw them last year.

Yep, those are they. Biggest pitcher I have seen on them was probably 60cm I would guess. Resting on the ground it came up to my daughter's sternum.

Yep, those are they. Biggest pitcher I have seen on them was probably 60cm I would guess. Resting on the ground it came up to my daughter's sternum.

in inches how big is 60 cm...math was never big on me...:-))

24" or 2'

Grr I just can't germinate them,sometime when I have room I want to try with fresh seed and great lighting but I already tried that 4 batches :(
I most likely need frwsh highlander seed,good lighting and blender lfs.....

Back