What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipeata x eyemae growing tips

I got a Clipeata x eyemae that for Christmass. I didn't ask for it, my parents just picked it up, which is good because it was a wonderful surprise, but I don't really know how fussy it is. I'm growing it as a highlander in low humidity, with good lighting, in ceder mulch. Is it a humidity addict? Any tips would be useful.
Many thanks!!

If it is anything like my N. eymae you will have no problems at all with it. Mine sits under one compact fluorescent (which in theory should be inadequate lighting) with temps ranging from 65-85. Humidity fluctuates from less than 10% to 60% regularly. I grow the N. eymae in pure live sphagnum however but that shouldn't be a big deal. It may increase the humidity around the plant a bit but thats it. This thing grows 10 times faster than my N. ventricosa and it twice as easy! You should have no problems!

Good luck!
-J.P.

I heard clipeata likes a very open mix. If you want I can give you some orchid bark to repot it in. You shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

J. P: That is good to know because I grow a Nepenthes eyemae as well!
Nepfreak: I got orchid bark too. It is in an open mix.
Thanks everbody!
other ppl pleez feel free 2 comment. i luv internet slang...

mine is pretty easy going in room temps with room humidity. the only thing ive noticed is that it does NOT like a lot of light.
Alex

I don't grow this plant, but I do grow the back cross onto N. clipeata. It does seem to take a bit of damage with high light. The new leaves come out a brilliant red, then turn green as they mature, then take on red spots from the light. Pitcher's aren't affected and it doesn't seem to be detrimental to the plant in any way, unless you just don't like red spots (I don't mind.) It's a very fast grower, and since it's crossed back onto N. clipeata (a relatively slow grower) I imagine your plant will be just as fast, if not faster! I grow mine in pure LFS without a problem. My plant produces copious amounts of nectar, so it's often a target for harmless, yet unsightly, mildew. While I have good air circulation, I also have high RH and that doesn't help.

Hope that helps since these plants are similar enough to make a comparison.

Back