What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Christmas gift.

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
Well, yesterday I recieved some N. globosa in the mail and I was able to sow them today. I did half in a peat/perlite mix and 1/2 in sphagnum I chopped in a blender with perlite. About 80 seed in all.

N_+globosa+seed.JPG

That was nice, but I also finnished my new grow area for Nep's in the spare bedroom.
I got this rack and bulbs at Lowes. The floro fixtures came from WalMart.

Christmas1.JPG

Here I'm adding black/white bought at my local hydro grow shop. The container on the middle shelf is the Viking seeds.

Christmas2.JPG

Here is the finished grow area with the pulldown shade screen.

Christmas3.JPG

and a final shot of the room.

Christmas5.JPG

Now, I just hope that by tomorrow morning, I have some Nep seedlings to transplant.:jester: I want more pitchers than just the one on my computer monitor. :-D
Santa sure was good to me this year!!!!!!!!!!

Put plastic underneath your rack or you'll be sorry :D

yup totally true. DO not forget putting a plastic bag underneath the enclousure. OR ELSE...it will stink up like hell...I mean the carpet.

Ah, yet another kind of project I would love to attempt someday. When I finally buy a house I'm going to make sure it has a room just for plants, fish and reptiles. I also plan on building a greenhouse in my backyard.

I can dream, can't I? :-D

Thats really cool! Where did you get that background for your computer!?!:jester: No, really it looks great.

Thanks guys, Ill get some plastic on the floor.
I checked on my N. globosa seed this morning and not a single one sprouted last night. I'm so disapointed ... LOL!!! I was in transplant mode this morning.

Put plastic underneath your rack or you'll be sorry :D

My parents in law had shag carpet in their first crummy apartment bathroom. They routinely tell the story about how they would have mushrooms growing in their bathroom! Yuck.

xvart.

Thanks guys, Ill get some plastic on the floor.
I checked on my N. globosa seed this morning and not a single one sprouted last night. I'm so disapointed ... LOL!!! I was in transplant mode this morning.

LOL! One day. That would be a miracle if that happened.

Where did you get that pull down shade? and how much. Thats a great idea!

Where did you get that pull down shade? and how much. Thats a great idea!

Lowes ... 14.95 + .75 for mounting hardware. They had a cheaper one for 11.95, but I felt like splurging. Home Depot has them too, but theirs is only 66" long, Lowes is 72" long and the rack is 72" tall.
I mounted it to a 3/8" x 1 1/2" x 4' piece of trim wood and mounted that to the rack with 1 1/2" butterfly anchors.

Very cool, I will have to goto Lowes later today and get a couple for my shelves. My place only has 1 room so the to shelves are about a foot from my bed and it always wakes me up when the lights come on. Plus I get glare on my tv from them.
Thanks again

Got the shade installed this afternoon. Turned out really good. I previously had a clear shower curtain hanging over the front to keep the humidity up. I took that off and spray painted it white and hung it behind the shelf. Thanks for the great idea.

Got the shade installed this afternoon. Turned out really good. I previously had a clear shower curtain hanging over the front to keep the humidity up. I took that off and spray painted it white and hung it behind the shelf. Thanks for the great idea.

Your welcome, glad a newby could be of some help.

Back