Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: campanulata a pain to root - but won't die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plus cps get therte nutrient frominsects not the soil
    Neg. Neps absorb nutrients quite well through their roots (though better through the pitchers). Their soils are usually deficient in essential nutrients, but can be quite high in trace nutrients like magnesium, etc. There are also ultrapotassic ultramafic rocks, which I wouldn't be surprised if neps grew in those, since they are usually found with "normal" ultramafic rock IIRC.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess if you can get something into the pitchers like a very weak hydroponics fertilizer since it contains alot of macros and micros complete for plant growth if you ph adjusted the fertilizer and use a 10% strengh ..
    Phission if you think this is stupid me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if adjusting pH would be necessary. JLAP used to put diluted terracycle directly into the pitchers, and I sometimes put Oscomote pellets (which have micro/macro IIRC) directly into the pitchers. If you try that, you should be careful not to do it too often. I'd say wait at least a week, preferably more between feeding pitchers on the same plant. Also, you should wait at least a week before feeding a pitcher the first time after it opens up. I don't feed the same pitcher w/ Osmocote more than once.

As I've said before, neps take up nutrients best in this order: pitchers > roots > leaves.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12