Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a few pics to share: Reorganized

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your N. "Marbled Dragon". One of my favorite hybrids. I grow mine in lowland conditions and does great although quite large. I see you grow yours in a highland chamber and also looks great. Beautiful plants, very impressive. How do you cool your highland chamber in the summertime/ do you circulate air in the chamber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely stunning collection! Your tank's clean presentation only serves to enhance the beauty of your plants. What size tank is that?

Would you mind posting more pictures of your other tanks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Macamus3: Thanks! That Marbled Dragon was the first nepenthes I received (along with Sabre) I love how hardy it is as well, and I wanted to get more so I can grow them outside but I couldn't find any recently. I usually cool my highland tanks with one of those box fans for windowsills. I have it blow across the glass top and side, and the T5. Occasionally I will spray it with water because the evaporation helps cool it down some. I just leave the top of the tank open and air circulates a bit. This next summer should be blazing in San Diego though, so I will most likely revert to T8's.

@LLeapardGGecko: Thanks! I just did a thorough cleaning while moving my plants over to my new house and did a little more spot cleaning during the reorganizing. That is a 40 G breeder tank, with dimensions 36Lx18Dx16H. I will take some more pics of the other tanks in a little bit and put them up, but they aren't really anything special. Right now I am considering getting another rack for my lowlanders and getting bigger tanks, or enclosing the rack with grow plastic (the kind you get at hydro shops). I tried that with the highlanders but the heat got too high, so with the lowlanders it should work out nicely.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some other pics of my tanks, plus one of my Ampullaria 'Brunei Red'.

One of my lowlander tanks:

My other lowlander tank: (Needs more lowlanders badly ) And yes it was freezing in my house when I took this pic... I have no room for a pool of water and heater in this tank though.

My mini highlander tank (5G) that I use for maximizing the frozen water bottle effect.: I really need to take out that LFS around the Rajah. It's turning black and nasty. Serves my Rajah right though for shrinking on me.

My other highlander tank (40G):

And Ampullaria 'Brunei Red' that I took a few cuttings of: The plant off to the right is the same clone, and the large plant on the right in the second lowlander tank pic is the mother plant which I plant to cut up soon due to my space restrictions. I will grow plants like that out once I get my greenhouse in about a year when my lease is up.

One more of the Amp Cuttings, pitchers:
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuttings of Burnei Red you say? Lemme know if you wanna trade one of em. I'm not at home now, but I should have some lowlanders I could cut.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you have quite alot. Have any more
    Finer in 09'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Its_a_friday View Post
    Wow you have quite alot. Have any more
    Lol, well I have a ton but most of them aren't that great and are blurry. But heres a couple of some Amp spotted I came across, and today I just pruned the half-dead pitchers off my Truncata. They stayed half-dead for way too long and were becoming unsightly.

Ampullaria Spotted: This is how it looked shortly after receiving it, however after the California fires and Santa Ana winds, it took a hard hit when I evacuated and left it to roast in a closed up room (for smoke), so now it is in the process of recovering and only has a couple pitchers.

Pitcher Close Up

Truncata LL Pitcher Close Up: Before being pruned

Truncata: After pruning

And just for poops and giggles my most mature Ceph. I have a few other clumps but so far this is the only one showing signs of mature pitchers. Not quite fully mature though... either that or it's a dwarf lol.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That truncata is nice. That'll show those people who think that only the HL ones have good color.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123