Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A few new pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    That was just my experience with that one pitcher (I gave the plant away because it looked like little more than an obese N. ventricosa to me), and others have had similar experience with the mother (father?) in this cross. I don't even know if that's what happened and if it is then it's not absolute.

Not much is absolute in this hobby
    I noticed my ventricosa doing this also . If the pitcher is resting upon the media while forming, it's larger than if I just let it dangle during formation, by about 30% or so. Hm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    It's N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis or the reciprocal. Can't remember. Probably the former.
    Thanks, my friend.

Welcome to Duckking Blog.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint this plant has always been hanging since I got it from you. The winter set of pitcher were still larger than the summer set. Has always been that way for me. Has always put out more when it was cooler too. I have seen what your saying though with the resting pitcher being larger than hanging ones, but that is not the case with the truncata.

thanks for the compliment Phission. I treat it just like any other nepenthes I have. I treat them all the same. the highlanders and lowlanders. I guess it likes what I am doing because i have not had a problem with it. I am having a problem with a couple others not pitchering. One being ventricosa, yet my ventricosa 'hotlips' is doing fine. Then I have another that didn't like the hot summer either, but its recovering along sine my rami that is recovering from the summer too.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did I give N. "jungle bells'? I can't remember ever having more than one. Are you suuuure it was from me?

In case there's confusing I was just talking about the jungle bells and the jungle bells alone lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't give me N 'jungle bells'. I bought that one. Guess I was confused.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123