What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

splendiana x rokko

I'd like to show this plant, now that it's 1 year old.

I grew it from seed I got from tropics. Hilariously enough, this is the only seedling that survived under my conditions. The seed I got apparently went all over the place before it came here, so that may explain that. Anyway, it is developing extremely fast (and this is pretty much the only plant I keep a log of). I wish all my neps grew like this:

At 7 months:
DCP_1767.jpg

At 10 or 11 months:
1130071923.jpg

Now (approx. 1 year). It has developed a nice red color on the leaves, even in relatively low light. The leaves are already bright red when they unfurl, but then they fade slightly to this:
DSCN0002.jpg

current pitcher:
DSCN0097.jpg

The plant is currently ~23cm (touch over 9"). It is making a 2.125" (5.39cm) on a 4.5" (11.43cm) leaf. The pitcher is still inflating as well. Hopefully it keeps getting bigger before opening :D

Very nice :). This should be an interesting hybrid with all that maxima in it. Although common, and not always universally liked, I really like Maxima.

Thx for sharing :).

I had a crapload of Maxima Wamena seedlings, but that little "incident" snuffed out all but 1or 2

Would that incident have anything to do with accidental arid conditions? Been there.....

Yessir. My humidifier broke for some reason about a week before I got back, and bno one bothered to tell me. Oh and the person taking care of my plants didn't like to give them water for some reason.
As long as even 1 of those maximas survives, I'm happy. It's the only maxima I have

Yeah they do. But not like that. I've never seen a seedling in perpetual overdrive.

Back