Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My ventrata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not tight tied to it. loose knots witht he plant just resting in the to try and let the stems sturdy up. The top was growing sideway and with the string i was able to get it more upward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of top water like msiting and maybe maybe a baggy phission you know what he should do. I recentley giot a cutting form 1 hour away drive it was totally dried it just hsows you need to keep tings very oist or wrap in cling wrap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That pot looks huge creepa... not that it will matter, but it seems oversized. Did you say what it was potted in? Like others have said already, it looks like a ton of peat with no aeration. Ideally a highlander (Ventrata being a hybrid between two H/Lers) should contain little to no peat in the mix. What brand peat did you use? Does it have fertilizer included in it (don't want that)? Keep us posted on the plant's progress (or decline). Oh yeah, what kind of light is the plant receiving? Do you know what the humidity is where it is being grown? Good luck with your Nep . If it dies it shouldn't be too hard to get another one. I might even be able to make a cutting and root it for you (although it will take a while before it's ready to be shipped).

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey creepa. Mac here. Your ventrata needs some help. I think it still salvagable though. I have mine potted in 2 parts LFS (Chilean), 1 part fine orchid bark, 1 part perlite, 1 part horticultural charcoal, and a handful of osmunda fiber. All this available at lowes or HD. You need to repot with new media right away. May take a couple months to come back but ventrata is tough.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah! pretty creepily dehydrated. PK is absolutely right. You should open up the mix a bit by potting it in either Peat+bark (large amounts) + perlite or maybe substitue LFS for peat.

then water it well....give it good humidity and light.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck guys. Creepa I am sorry. i will ship you another one. I didn't think it looked that bad before I sent it to ya. I thought it was just from being in too small of a pot.

Guys it is not his fault he got it that way from me. Didn't think it was that bad, but it didn;t do good in shipping from what I can see. Creeper send me your addy again. I will send you some cuttings.

I also told him to pot it in a 12 inch pot too guys. Blame me for that one. Not his fault. I post many things in a 12 inch pot. so they can grow into it. Creepa sorry to get you to buy a 12 inch pot, but according to the people here probably a 4 inch pot would be better.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not your fault JB . I'm just a noobie and killed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12