What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You wanna see!? (Caution to dial up users)

Just felt like sharing. :-D

My N. ventricosa (from lowes)
IMG_0549.jpg

My N. ventricosa x spectabilis
IMG_0561.jpg

A close up of the pitcher
IMG_0559.jpg

and even closer
IMG_0557.jpg

Do you keep your Nep in standing water??

(or perhaps apple juice?) ;)

Seriously though, does the pot continually sit in water??

Looks real good!

apple juice? LOL!

Looks great! Whatever you're doing, your plant likes it better than mine likes me.

Maybe I need to keep mine wetter.

I REALLY bad with winter watering......Means I have to schlep out in the COLD to get to the greenhouse.

Very nice plants. Good growing. Do you grow outdoors? If so do you bring in in winter? Just curious as we are near and have similar growing conditions. I have to move my neps indoors to tanks during winter. Greenhouse will be ready soon.
Anyway I to buy some Neps at times from Lowes/ HD and I tell people that and they can't believe me. I guess it must just be the southern stores that get them in. I currently have a N. rafflesiana I rescued from HD this past summer.

My tank is soo cold I'm hoping my closet makes them warmer than I can get growth. I love the ventricosa X Spec

love that ventricosa x spectabilis

I tried unfiltered apple juice, but it didn't work as well. lol But no I don't keep them in standing water, but I have it in the cup all the time. I fill the cup up to the top then let it evaporate till the water is about 1/2 inch below the pot. It seems to like a little more water than my other neps.

macamus3, I don't keep any tropicals outside. I am too afraid its too hot for them in the summer. (its about 90-100*F in the summer) I took them outside for the lighting in the pics. I keep them in a tank I set on its side. the top is open at all times. I use two 23 watt CFLs.

IMG_0611.jpg

Back