Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Amps lumen requirement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amps lumen requirement

Hello all. I am changing the light setup in my amps terrarium i had regular florecent bulbs and add one t5 24Watt 2400 lumen light bulb and i could see how the pitchers have better color. Im looking for advise for how much is required for them if the distance between them and the bulb is 5-35 cm? would another one like that be good for them since they are deep forest growers?Or how much lumens do they recive in the wild if it can be measured ? Ho i forgot to say the terrarium is about 2 meters from a window wich is open most of the day with no direct sunligh.

Thanks in advance

Yoav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to give every nep the brightest light it can take. Just experiment and when you burn the leaves, back off a bit, and thats perfect. Lumens are measured at a distance of 1 foot, so 2400 lumens 6" away is 4800 lumens (or something like that....its more than 2400 at any rate)
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and i forgot to mention it is a 1 meter across terrarium. what do you think about the led grow sheets with hundreds of leds on them that are around now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ampullaria is a lowlander that grows in shady forests and picks up leaf litter from the tree canopy, so it doesn't really require that much light. With flourescents + an extra bulb you should be fine. 2400 lumens is pretty good for a 25 watt bulb. I agree with PK about giving neps as much light as they can take. My neps seem to be doing a ton better with more light, even though I'm getting some red spotting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment on the LED growlights, as I have never personally used them, nor do I know anyone on any of the forums that uses them. For all I know they could be amazing, but their high cost makes me want to stay away. Obviously they would work, but I don't know if they would work so much better than T5s or MH or whatever to justify spending that much.

Nepfreak that spotting is just like a "sunscreen". Personally I find it attractive when my nep leaves are any color other than green. My thorelii giant tiger has a purple leaf right now from growing literally about half an inch away from the bulbs.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks sounds like a good advice. I shall experiment.

Yoav