What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sick Plants

These are a few of the neps that are concerning me. They've seen sprayed with fungicide, repotted...can't figure out what it is. Do these leaf conditions look familiar to anyone?

N raffelsiana

sickraff.jpg

N bicalcarata #1

sickbicalc2.jpg

N bicalcarata #2

sickbicalc.jpg

There is also N bicalcarata #3 that is right next to the other 2 bicals and is looking very nice.

The raff was doing well and gradually declined.

wetter than I probably should, but I think it was on here that I was told that the bicalcs liked it really wet so they are usually in water. The one is having no problem with it and they're all pitchering.

The raff is drier-it is let to dry in the saucer, but still kept fairly wet. I've been thinking about how to lessen the whole sitting-in-water thing.

Well, with my raff, it's in a mix of peat, cypress mulch, and perlite. A bit heavy on the peat to keep it always moist, but the other stuff to add drainage. I water it so that water drips of the bottom of the pot once every 3-4 days. I don't to let anything sit in water....then you get anoxic conditions for the roots, and the plant doesn't perform as well.

The first pic looks like it may be too dry? Feel around in the soil and find out.

What is your conditions?

Tank, fan on one end, temps in 70s and 80s, humidity around 75% and up, two 4 ft shop light fixtures on top.

Back