What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New additions

Macrovulgaris
DSCN0018.jpg

Madagascariensis
DSCN0014.jpg

Mirabilis echinostoma
DSCN0012.jpg

Distillatoria pink
DSCN0011.jpg

This plant is pretty big and has about 4 basals forming.

Vieillardi. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what to do with this one
DSCN0017.jpg

That's all for now.

Looking good. Goodluck with them.

Mnn~ nice nepenthes!:-D
I'll expect them beautiful pitcher.
Thanks to your sharing.

that mirablis is surely going to be one of the best looking plants. can't wait to see how it turns out in a few months. :) Nice plants m8.

Nice plants. Those are some decent size pitchers.

Great looking plants PK. I think I know where they came from. Have a "echinostoma" and a N. jacquelineae coming from same source I think. Was looking at getting the N. macrovulgaris just becuase I like the species name. Can you show a picture of whole plant, macrovulgaris that is? Did you get the N3 or N4 size? If it is the source I'm thinking, it is one of only four places I will buy Neps. Great nursery.

Macrovulgaris is nice when mature. Gets hugeeeee too (if the name is any clue lol). I got the N3 size. I'd show a pic of the whole plant, but there's been a bit of a problem. The place I got it from was growing it in pure sphag on the tray system. I don't use the tray system, nor do I use sphag, so the plant in undergoing a bit of water stress ATM. I have it in a ziplock for now to prevent dessication, and hopefully it'll perk up within a few days. The top couple of leaves have a cooked lettuce look to them lol.

I use a good portion of LFS in my mix but not pure LFS??? I would think pure LFS in lowland conditions would go bad/rot. I will have to check when my plants get here. Thanks for the info.

Very nice! Love that Mirabilis "Echinostoma". It looks great.

Is N. vieillardi a lowlander or intermediate. Don't know anything about that species. When you say you do not know what to do with, do you mean its conditions? What do the adult pitchers look like? Have not been able to find a picture.

Well when you get them, they come bareroot. The roots are surprisingly clean too. I mean there literally is more or less not a speck of substrate on them. I don't know how he does it. Anyway I just looked at his page about macrovulgaris....maybe I should've read this before I bought it lol:
This is an easy lowlander that needs a bit more humidity than most plants

I should also have a few more coming a few weeks...campanulata and danseri :D

Yea, I sent an e-mail asking Micheal about the humidity for macrovulgaris. Could not be that much more demanding than merrilliana humidity wise. Was thinking of growing outdoors here during warm months.

wow I completely missed this post from you:

Is N. vieillardi a lowlander or intermediate. Don't know anything about that species. When you say you do not know what to do with, do you mean its conditions? What do the adult pitchers look like? Have not been able to find a picture.
I think it's kind of both lol. It grows from 30-800m, but New Caledonia is a strange place and I wouldn't be surprised if it liked a bit of a temp drop at night (at least into the 70s or so). But yeah, I'm not too particularly sure about what conditions to give it. For some reason I don't think it would do so hot in pure LL conditions, or a normal lowland mix. I've got it in clay pellets, charcoal, fir bark, and a touch of peat, which retains little water. It's much easier to fix dessication than it is to fix overwatering.

Here's a pic here: (seems less colored than mine)
http://www.two-ton.com/photogallery/Greenhouse/Lowlanders/lowlanders/album/slides/Nepenthes%20vieillardi%20'Mount%20Kagnis%20Giant'.html

This pic is labeled as vieillardi but I'm not sure:
http://www.photolicence.com/public/affichfr-48446-60-0-4220.html

The plant was cheap enough though, so I figured I'd give it a go. Here's hoping everything works out....

Thats nice. Looks a little like eustachia.
How many pitchers did the "echinostoma" come with? Micheal has not shipped mine yet due to unpredictable weather here. Told him to wait til April if need be. N. mirabilis has very thin leaves and did not want to risk freezing temps.

speaking of eustachya, I have one I got as a little cutting that I've been waiting to pitcher for a while. It's finally making a normal looking leaf out of the activated node.

The echinostoma came w/ 1 pitcher and 1 inflating. I find it odd that the macrovulgaris and madagascariensis both have a bit of a cooked lettuce look to some of their leaves, while the echinostoma looks perfect. The lid didn't even move at all, but the macrovulgaris dropped both pitchers. I don't know what it's like for you, but I think it was 50° when my package got here.

Warm one day cold the next. Can never predict right. Macrovulgaris might be like Bical then. Very suceptable to humidity changes. At least that is what I have been told about Bical dropping its pitchers after shipping. Probably just needs time to adjust to new humidity levels I would think.

Back