Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get Bicalcarata?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the plant for 5 months and it is showing NO stress at all and is growing and pitchering fine.
    Thanks,
    Adrian
    And I'll tell you, thats teriffic! And I'm going to do it again! Maybe I'll even do it three or four times! Why? Because I like it!
    -Julius Sumner Miller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 pitchers in 5 months?! lucky!

anyways i tried the fridge at night thing and it dosent work(even though you say it does.) ive tried it with several neps and all showed signs of stress within days... a terrarium will have high humidity. a fridge does not and that is when highlanders need the humidity most.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did I say I put it in the fridge?
    I never tried that
    And I'll tell you, thats teriffic! And I'm going to do it again! Maybe I'll even do it three or four times! Why? Because I like it!
    -Julius Sumner Miller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i coulda sworn it said fridge....why dont you just keep it in the cooler terrarium then permenantly?

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't grow Bical and rajah together. Rajah can't take the heat and Bical can't take the cold. You can kill Bical sometimes if temp drops below 55F. Rajah needs at least a temp drop to 55F nightly to grow for any length of time or it will croak. Would be better if yopu could get Rajah down to 50F, really pushing it for Bical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...I have also an adult bicalcarata from 3 years and it is growing fine.
    I have grown my plant in my house windowsill and also in terrarium.
    All what I can tell is that I got 3 pictures in 3 months in the indoor terrarium and even outside I have no problem at all!
    The Borneo Exotic Clone did really show a low humidity tollerant plant! Amazing!
    BYe!

Mr_Aga
    ITALY
    Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two bicals and my GH gets down to 50. One is showing signs od cold stress with spotting of the leaves and such, the other is kicking along, but they both have slowed growth tremendously since it cooled.

Also jsut a note worth mentioning. Once Bicals get growing watch out they get HUGE. Your not going to be able to keep it in a terreium for long from what I have heard. Unless you consider a few years a long time. I have had mine for about a year and a half and I would still be able to fit them in a terreium, but then again I don;t think they have started really growing yet or I am not giving them optimal conditions yet either.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have kept many Bicals over the years. Just 6 months ago got a seedling Red x Orange at 6". Today it is over 24" and has 8 open pitchers and more coming. My Bicals temp never goes below 60F. I have had Bicals. croak if kept to cold for to long. As far as humidity, Bical will acclimate to lower levels but for best growth I like 70% plus. Bicals pitchers will turn black and die pretty quickly if it doesnt like humidity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast