My N. Madagascariensis refused to succesfully pitcher since i bought it.
after i moved the pot out today to check on the plant i noticed dozens of tiny insects scuttling all over the soil...i immediately assumed they were mites or something of the sort because of their appearence. however they were black.
i immediately repotted and washed the plant off and examined it as closely as i could.
i also checked all of the plants that were around it, and i found nothing else.
As far as the "second growth point" goes
it was a whole different plant.
which means i have 2 Madagascariensis. im pretty excited about that.
hopefully now that it is in better soil, and without any pests it will pitcher.
ive got my temps in the mid 70s over night and near 80 durring the day finally.
edit:the insects/arachnids w.e they were, were also on the base of the plant.