What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All!

Nepenthes donated a couple of his Nep's to me and I'm pretty new to CP's.

I just wanted to post some pic's of the Ventricosa because there are some brown spots on the leaves which might be from the acclimating or maybe sun burn since he had it as an outside and I'm trying it as an inside plant facing a southern window.

Ventricosa1.jpg

Ventricosa2.jpg

Ventricosa3.jpg

He also gave me one of his Ventrata's, which Im hanging in the same location:

Ventrata2.jpg

Ventrata1.jpg

Any ideas on the brown spots? Could it be the acclimation of both plants being outdoor now Indoor?

I'm going to be adding to my newly acquired collection soon with a couple Cape Sundews and a Yuccado 1713 from Andrew's flytrap shop. I want to get more Nep's but I'm going to wait and see how these 2 acclimate before purchasing anything more then what I'm already planning, hopefully Ill be able to grab a Hamata Next

Hey siccmade :). I'm glad you started posting. Welcome to TF.

Just a little clarification, I had the Ventricosa in my garage, though it had not been outside of the terrarium for very long before I gave it to you. Anywho, good luck with the plants, and hopefully someone on here has some good input concerning those brown spots.

and just a FYI the pics dont show the plants in their main grow location, i took the pics right after i watered them :)

Welcome. You will soon realize this is not a hobby but a drug that once it has you there is no getting off it. Make sure you can give the right conditions before you drop that kind of money on a hamata. I had one just sit for over a year doing nothing until I moved it.

Welcome to TF! Just provide the best conditions you can and wait.... and wait and.... If you see a new leaf emerging from the top one, then you should be okay.

looks like frost or cold damage to me. it should be fine though! welcome to the boards!

and i also say hold out on N. hamata until you know you can grow it. ive been growing nepenthes for 3 years and still dont feel i have it right for one. with the success of its cousin N. tentaculata i do feel it may be soon :)

Alex

Back