Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good nep. for a beginner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good nep. for a beginner

i want to start growing my first nep. and was wondering what a good one would be i have a great south facing bay window that gets year round sunlight and house tepmps of 65 to 75 degrees i can keep it humid as well. any advice would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i heard ventricosa's pretty easy.... i said i heard... i'm not much of an expert myself.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ventrata, which can be gotten at Lowes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get N. sanguinea. its wicked fast in growth and makes very large pitchers(the biggest on mine is 9in!!) its also very easy to grow and will grow just about anywhere.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get N. sanguinea. its wicked fast in growth and makes very large pitchers(the biggest on mine is 9in!!) its also very easy to grow and will grow just about anywhere.
    Thats the best starter nep. I think. Thats what I started out with. I got 3 for $9.99 at the Saturday market up here. One did not make it but I still have the other 2. I grew mine in a window at first then the addiction set in hehe. =]

Good luck
    Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blazeddayz: we got ours from the same place mine is a little over a year old(from them) and its already this big. mine is what you have to look forward to!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. 'miranda' is quite easy to grow. I have mine sitting on my windowsill and its about to going into it's vining stage:O
    Finer in 09'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ventrata and sanguinea are both great choices. Also if you have a little higher humidity you can try rafflesiana also. Altough raffs get large after awhile. All three of these Neps are great beginner plants/very forgiving. Also they are very beautiful. I have been keeping lowlanders for over 20 years and still keep these Neps. I keep them and give away basals/rooted cuttings to young people that may be interested in CP's in my area. I had an older man get me interested in Nepenthes/CP's when I was ten or twelve years old and like to pass on the interest to a younger generation. It is an addiction that you don't quite ever lose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast