User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N. hamata - how long did yours take to establish itself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cindy,

I find it depends on the clone. My first hamata was from BE and took about 6 months before it really settled in though I put part of that down to me as it was one of a group that was my first jump into highlanders.

I also have 3 different Wistuba clones. One settled in pretty much instantly, one took about 2 months to settle in on the kitchen windowsill and the other is still working at it now so that makes it about 3 months, maybe 4...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely love these guys and look forward to the opportunity to get one.

Thanks
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, in about a year yours should look like mine, better even if you don't get thripes...considering we get them from the same place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DM's uninsulated cold room like 50 drops nightly with a humid tank (thats why you see the adelea forestery) must be optimum conditions.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Hey Cindy,

I find it depends on the clone. My first hamata was from BE and took about 6 months before it really settled in though I put part of that down to me as it was one of a group that was my first jump into highlanders.

I also have 3 different Wistuba clones. One settled in pretty much instantly, one took about 2 months to settle in on the kitchen windowsill and the other is still working at it now so that makes it about 3 months, maybe 4...
    pyro.....could u pls tell which of the clones is the easiest?? what is the clone number? Just for future reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    pyro.....could u pls tell which of the clones is the easiest?? what is the clone number? Just for future reference.
    +1
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cindy, I figured I would take a couple pics of my Hamatas... The one on the left settled in in less than a month and formed the two pitchers in about a month. The one on the right took about 5 months to settle in and created 4 baby pitchers within a month and a half. The leaves however have started shrinking, but I think this might be due to repotting stress combined with the fact that it had previously not had any pitchers for nutrients. Anywho, I think it is very interesting that both Hamatas can react so much differently in different growing conditions. They are both BE clones, but they must be from different TC clones.

- Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LLeopardGGecko View Post
    D_muscipula: What are your growing conditions for the N. hamata?
    okay
    the pitcher in the back is the oldest and the one in front is the newest one and you can see int he second picture that it is forming a new pitcher.
    when the lid opens up the peristome is apple green so I wait a few days to take pics cause it colors up.
    its in high humidity like 70-80 percent and believe it or not its growing well udner this light

thats 18" fixture its like a 15 watt and hamata is growing under it it defies believe thought it was weak and was barely enough for my adelae.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast