User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: N. hamata - how long did yours take to establish itself?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N. hamata - how long did yours take to establish itself?

The species seems to be very touchy after being shipped bareroot (like Cephs) and sit there doing nothing for some time. I wonder how long it took for other growers to acclimatise their plants.

A month?

Three months?

Six months?
    Cindy

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it took mine about 2 weeks, i've had it for almost a year now

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came from a nice perfect growing condition greenhouse, to my low humidity kitchen windowsill. It was growing new leaves in a month or so but took 3 months before it started to pitcher for me.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you want to hear something odd? try 2 years.......i got it as a basal about 6cm in diameter, all it did for 2 years was replace leaves as they got old and died, and produced a few pitchers here and there....nothing over a few cm tall........all the sudden about 6 months ago it starts growing like gang busters even though there was no change in conditions.....producing leaves faster than they were dieing, is getting awesome pitcher to leaf size ration.....all and all starting to grow like a weed..........usually i hear about them taking a few weeks to a few months......6 months on the long side.....mine is the only one ive heard of sitting around and pouting for 2 years, so its likely an EXTREAMLY abnormal case
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one Hamata about 6 months ago, and it is finally beginning to make pitchers, albeit after the leaves have been decreasing in size. The pitchers have been popping out quite quickly though. I bought another Hamata about 1.5 months ago and this Hamata only took less than a month to settle in and it has produced 2 pitchers since then, the second about twice as big as the first (about 1 and 2"). It is on its 3rd and it should be quite a decent size. Both Hamatas came potted, so I think it is just dependent on the particular clone you receive. Good luck .
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    you want to hear something odd? try 2 years.......i got it as a basal about 6cm in diameter, all it did for 2 years was replace leaves as they got old and died, and produced a few pitchers here and there....nothing over a few cm tall........all the sudden about 6 months ago it starts growing like gang busters even though there was no change in conditions.....producing leaves faster than they were dieing, is getting awesome pitcher to leaf size ration.....all and all starting to grow like a weed..........usually i hear about them taking a few weeks to a few months......6 months on the long side.....mine is the only one ive heard of sitting around and pouting for 2 years, so its likely an EXTREAMLY abnormal case
    sorry for you I got mine and it took about a motnh to settle in and made a new pticher for me
    and a new leaf and its forming a new pticher

view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woh~ beautiful pitcher!
    Only a mouth?! It was amazing!
    Thanks to your photos.

Welcome to Duckking Blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D_muscipula: What are your growing conditions for the N. hamata?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast