Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burbidgeae Recovery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the comments everyone . Thx Duckking, you always post such kind comments .

I am not sure how they would fare as a windowsill plant either... I initially bought so many so I could grow a few outside and in windows, but they have been in tanks to give them nice humidity levels to speed up their recovery.
    - Daniel

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its really a great plant....however, I wouldn't go for it right now personally as it needs to get to a size like that to make those beautiful pitchers and the critical issue for me is room. But it is nice to see burbs from other growers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plant, how big is it? I see that the pitcher is starting to look like one would expect from this species. Mine still have the boring juvenile pitchers, and I am still anxiously waiting to see pitchers like your plant have.

Regards,

Christer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Christer,

Thanks for the comment. The plant is about 30 cm diameter (from largest leaf to largest leaf), and the first pitcher is about 8 cm (not including the lid), and the second pitcher is about 11.5 cm (not including lid).

Thanks again, and I hope to see your plant once it gets a little bigger . I just love this species.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Daniel,

Thanks for letting me know. With the last leaf my plant is just over 30 cm in diameter, so it will be interesting to see how big the pitcher will be. Strangely on the leaf before that the pitcher was only about 5 cm, not anywhere close to the ones on your plant. Maybe the pitcher production is affected by my current growing conditions (cooler temps), or maybe it is just my clone.

Regards,

Christer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hrmm... well i do sometimes get warm daytime temps for my highlanders. Probably 26-30C, with a fairly nice drop at night at around 10-14C.

I have heard from an experienced grower that Burbidgeaes prefer to have their pitchers shaded from light in order to make large pitchers. Both the pitchers in my pics were inflated behind or in between pots, and out of direct light.

Hope this helps, good luck .

Daniel
    - Daniel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123